Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have wanted to do the mod seen on this forum about putting a park adapter on the power cable to be able to detach it. I would like to move it to another location all together. My power entrance hatchis really close to the storage compartment on that side. Looking behind panels it looks like all it would take is a hole through a small piece of paneling to get the power wire into the storage compartment area. I would like to mount the power receptacle under the cable/sat box. above the water hookups. I don't think the water hookups would be a problem, have already placed extender hoses on them for another project.
If I moved the hook up to there, all the cables / cords can thendrop out of the compartment hole under the side of the trailer. I think it would look neater.
To cover the existing hole where the hatch is now, I am thinking of removing the hatch cover, and getting one of those large round scare lights to place over the hole as there is no light on that side of the coach, and I sometimes arrive late at parks( after dark), sealed good of course.

Anybody else move their power like this??
Edited by: bdwillie
2000 Ram 2500
https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54589c14.jpg
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

there is no reason yuo can't move it. I switched mine form one you had to store inside a small compartment to a twist and lock outside. So much easier in cold weather.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I wouldn't put the main power connection so close to the water connections, there is no GFI protection at the campground pedestal for either 30 Amp or 50 Amp service in the event of a problem.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote