Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
New Camper

I seen as few other people do some of these mods. I've included picture links for mostso you can see them. I like a place for everything so I ponder and then build.

1. Bedroom step with trash bag anddogItem storage.

2. New floor with Trim you cansee the trimin step picture

3.6 voltbat system with 1500 w inverter. no picture

4.dog cage with shoestorage (under bunk bed)

5. TV hole filled with muti media area (can be removed with no damage)

6. fold away shelf for the sink (dont forget to fold downbefore you bring in popout!)

7. shoe,tissue and other storage area nearshower.

8. drawers under bed

9. moved lcd TV over above entry door(no pic)

10. shelfs for kitchen cabinets (no pic)

11. new kitchen sink with new fixtures (no pic)

I've done others but nothing big yet

Picture linkhere for above

What I want to do...

1 install honda eu 3000 into front compartment under 5th wheel (anyone done this?) going to be a tuff one

2. install a 2nd bank of 6v bat. in bat compartment.

3. upgrade/replace the dang Curtis sound system (hate it).

4. install stabilizer bars on rear jacks.

Always looking for good ideas

Darwin Hawk
Darwin Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Nice work, looks great.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Very similar to my setup with a Honda 6500 EUis generator.
I mounted my generator on a swivel table to be able to direct exhaust gases away from trailer. I did not wire a cord into wiring panel - I just use shore power cord and attach it directly into generator with appropriate adapter plug. Honda generators are pricy but are 56 Db which is very quiet. Runs all electrical needs including two ACs and convection microwave. ECO mode works very well.

Project is still a work in progress function. Need to paint wood platform. Installed a sealed on all sides and top box around storage compartment to prevent gas and carbon monoxide from entering basement of trailer - used some old formica panelling with caulking to seal gaps (CrossRoads does not build square and true trailers - had to custom fit all panels.)
Now working on a lock mechanism that will guarentee generator will not exit thru doors while traveling around right-hand turns - reason for additional tie-down strap in last picture. Pictures should show threaded rod that assists in supporting front edge of platform by tying to frame above - when generator is extended, a heavy load is placed on front edge. 2X4 supports in back prevent tipping of unit - base to ceiling above - unit is only wood screwed to basement floor for position only - did not want to remove belly pan to install bolt thru floor on my Seville.
Unit is easy to setup - carrying 50 AMP cord is much more difficult! In future may have to consider direct wire with transfer switch.

Also installed a battery bank and two inverters, 1000 and 3000 watt capabilities. 1000 watt is used for our King Sized Sleep Number bed pump system and my CPAP machine - it is wired totally separate from normal trailer wiring and is used only when needed for naps when needed. No additional setup required other than turning on inverter unit and plugging into that circuit instead of normal wall circuit. 3000 watt unit is for emergency use only - heavy drain on batteries.

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
New Camper

very nice on that install! Main issuei'm Having/Going to haveis the size,it isa full 3" bigger than the door. I can mod the door and make it a pull out like yours. or build it into the the compartment and mod the compartment(the compartment is way big)to keep the gas out of the trailer and keep things cool. no other compartment is even closeto being big enough to hold the eu 3000 and i dont want it outside while on adventureson the 4 wheelers.
Darwin Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote