Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

What gives here ...there is no stove in an outside kitchen of my new sunset Trail Reserve 25 rb that I will be getting soon .

Has anyone had any ideas or mods that would make a stove work there?

Chapparel rv's have a tray that slides out from one of the drawers under the fridge counter with a stove on it .

Any ideas???thx
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Harley, the floor plan and specs show an optional bumper mounted gas grill.

The dealer should be able to handle that installation. It would have been nice if the salesperson would have asked if you wanted it.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

yes, it has a gas grill ( meaning a bbq) but i asked if anyone has added a stove .. ie: a 2 burner stove that i can use for cooking ...not bbq'ing
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

There are a number of 2-burner cooktops available on eBay that could be easily adapted to fit on the BBQ mounting bracket using galvanized slotted angle. Since you already have a propane connection you won't need a regulator, just a short hose with QD fitting. Probably less than $50 for everything.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

sorry , obviously nobody is getting my drift ...I don't want to get wet cooking on the stove , so a substitute for the bbq is out of the question .. I'm looking for ideas for a stove to put in the drawer under the sink or fridge that allow me to cook out of the rain....that can get pulled out and put back in easily for hauling.

thx
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

We just took delivery of our ST25RB this week. I plan on putting my 2 burner stove on a little table under the awning or coming up with a mount for the swing awaybbq bracket.

I like that the stove isn't built in to the outside kitchen. If you look at other manufacturers, when the stove is out you can't open the door to the fridge because of the stove lid and windscreens. On models where the stove swings in front of the sink you'll be leaning over the burners to wash your hands after peeling the bacon in to the skillet.

Happy camping...

Brent
2006 Ford F-250 6.0L

logicsrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Well ;I got my new 25rb last night , delivered right to my door . I bought a stove with slide hardware ,off ebay ,that is made gounder the counter and will slide in thecompartment under the fridge ...I think. Will try it this week and report back .

now to put all my junk from the old trailer back in ...except for the stuff I didn't use in the last 4 yrs....
Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Update about the slide stove unit .The one I bought is too long to fit under the counter , so I will be selling that soon . It is made for a trailer that has a bunk in the rear above the outside cook ares.It requires a 33" deep area . Bunks are deeper than our reserves. Did what 'logicsrealm' suggested and picked up a 2 burner and doing the small table idea. tee off and an extra quick disconnect from the bbq gas source.