Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Site Team

After this last trip I am ready to think about a different pin box. I have never had so much stuff strewn all over the trailer, and the chucking was horrible. Worst I've ever experienced.
Has anybody changed out their pin boxes for a morRyde, or some other brand?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I moved mine, It was a piece of cake. Actually the bolts seemed a little loose to me, I'm glad I messed with it.

Sure it's not all the power from the truck ? You might try taking off a little slower
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Since I don'tknow whattype of 5vr that you have, I can only say that maybe you've got a load distribution issue in your trailer. We found that it can move things around because the pin weight may be a little light. Another way to reduce a lot of the bucking is to set the pin height so that your 5vr is sitting level when coupled to your TV. Our CF30SK has shocks that certainly help reducetrailer bounce and bucking, especially on the Interstates but doesn't stop it completely.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

After 4 years of putting up with the chucking and bouncing we replaced the pinbox with a MorRyde and had the Equa-Flex suspension system installed on our '05 CF29RK. We didthe installslast summer and the difference in the way the unit rides and pulls is unbelievable. Two of the best mods we have done to date.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

This is the setup I have. No noticable chucking yet, 5000 miles of use.

This is what came on the trailer.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I installed a Demco be fore we went to the Texas Rally. Wow it did make a difference. Janet has a back that will go out at times no problem on this trip. Well worth the money I got it from Tweety's shipping was free price was right. It was easy to install used a transmission jack. One of the things I liked about it is no maintance, no shocks to go bad no air bags to fool around wit. One other thing, I have found if I travel with my fresh tank filled it rides better. I think that that tank is just far enough forward in my unit to change the pin weight. I will fill this tank tonight before we leave. I have not had any water in it since last Novembe. It will be interesing to see how that new pin works with a full tank

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Fenn:
Why did you go with the Demco over the MorRyde?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I have the Glyde ride as well and it works great. The 30 miles I drove from the dealer after picking up the 5er was enough. I ordered it that night! Not sure what the differences are btwn the Glyde Ride and Morryde but anything is better than the factory pin box.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

I have a friend that had one on his unit. he traded it in and the new unit had a different pin box. he did not like it, went back to the dealer and traded out the new pin box for the old Demco. There is a video put out by Hitchhiker I think explaining it. check demco site they have the video there. One of the big reasons is no maintance, no shocks to go bad no air bags to go bad and try to fiqure out how much air pressure to run. I installed it in less than a half hour. List on it is like 779.00 Tweetys has them for 639.00 shipping included check out the video

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:03 AM   #10
Site Team

Thanks for the feed back, opinions, and pics.
Still undecided between the MorRyde or the Glide Ride. If the MorRyde would do the job, it's $140 less then the the Glide ride. If it dosen't, it's $498 more.
Guess I will wait until Monday and call Tweety's and ask their opinion on what would be the best for my application.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Old 05-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
JPG
Weekend Camper

Here's another vote for the Demco Glide Ride!!! Best money I have spent on ANY accessory for my unit. The ride is 100% better. I am totally satisfied...And like already stated..No airbags and such to fool with.

2003 Chevy 2500HD-Duramax/Allison

2005 Cruiser CF28RL

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...IMG_2043-1.jpg
JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 AM   #12
Site Team

Called Tweety'S yesterday and have a Mor/Ryde pin box on the way. Fella I talked with was of the opinion the glide ride might be better suited for heavier units. He thought the Mor/Ryde would work pretty well on my 5er. From all that I have read on other forums I was glad to hear him say that because that was the conclusion I had arrived at.
Also ordered a winegard wingman. $24.49 and he knocked off the frieght.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 AM   #13
Site Team

UPS brought my new pin box this morning. There sure is a difference in the weight between the old one and this MorRyde. Dropped the old one out and have the new one up in place with the bolts thru the holes. Just have to go out after lunch and apply some loc-tite and tighten everything up. It went pretty good doing it alone, just had to go slow raiseing one end at a time and then blocking and going to the other end. Started out on saw horeses. UPS driver backed up to the shed and helped me lift it up on to them. I appreciated that.
Will get to see how it performs next Wed. Have to take the 5er down to the dealer. They will be dropping the fresh water tank. I have a leak where the fill hose attaches. I didn't want to get into that myself as long as it's still under warrenty

Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

I agree those new pins get real heavy. I had a friend help me hold it up and the DW pushed in the bolts. I had to call the dealer for the torque specs on the bolts. I remember it was high but don't remember the actual numbers.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
Site Team

Got to try out the new MorRyde on the way to the dealer today.
I give it 2 thumbs up!!!!! WOW what a difference.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Got to try out the new MorRyde on the way to the dealer today.
I give it 2 thumbs up!!!!! WOW what a difference.

Been waiting for your report on the new pin box. Glad to hear that it made a difference.

Coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Called Tweety'S yesterday and have a Mor/Ryde pin box on the way. Fella I talked with was of the opinion the glide ride might be better suited for heavier units. He thought the Mor/Ryde would work pretty well on my 5er. From all that I have read on other forums I was glad to hear him say that because that was the conclusion I had arrived at.
Also ordered a winegard wingman. $24.49 and he knocked off the frieght.

When you ordered did you just give the number off of your pin box?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #18
Site Team

Get the Mfg. of your pin box (mine was Lippert) Then write down Model/part number.
Should all be stated right on your pin box.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Get the Mfg. of your pin box (mine was Lippert) Then write down Model/part number.
Should all be stated right on your pin box.

Thanks for the info. I would have hated to ordered the wrong box How much heavier is the new pin box?

Coolbreeze1
08 30sk
Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
Family Vacation Member

Pictures....

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote