Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Problem with furnace, water heater control boards?

Hi I recently bought a new 253RB Sunset Trail rig. Within six months, the control board to the furnace went out.....Then the water heater gas to electric board went out.....Talked to service and he told me that the common boards that are used are DOMETIC brand and they go out all the time Because they are really cheap boards. I have discovered that a company called Dinosaur Electronics make only RV replacement boards. These boards have a 3 year warranty. No other company has that warranty. They are based in Oregon.
541 994 4344. Any troubleshooting questions they are there for you! They don't sell to the public but the boards are available at Amazon. These guys saved me a ton of money!
Don20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Purchased a Dinosaur for the water heater during the winter to correct the problem we encountered late last fall. Thankfully I came across a review where someone recommended ''Dinosaur boards'' while reading about a Dometic board. My water heater is again trouble free, and the 100's of Dinosaur boards all spoke ''very highly'' about them. You can add me to the list !! I'll be upgrading the fridge and furnace next, actually a person should have then on standby...cause it's gonna happen, just a matter of time...
Old 06-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Glad to hear it! It makes no sense to be replacing Dometic boards every 6 months or so. The man to speak with at Dinosaur if you ever need to is Guy Gruper. He will troubleshoot over the phone for free! Or in Tech support Joe or Chris. Outstanding company!