Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a few more Kits left if any one is interested PM Me Or send a email to wirelessjack@aol.com

Dave
diesel dave 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I can tell you for the price these can't be beat. More than anything I use mine for hooking and unhooking the truck from the trailer. You can stay in the truck if you need to raise or lower the trailer. I have tested ours up to 75' from the trailer and they work fine.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Great mod, easy to install. Really makes it easy to hookup the trailer and as Hunter11 said, great price.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Hi Keith and George, How have ya been? I been so darn bussy whats new down there. I just bought a Harley. Im back riding after 18 years.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Dave, nothing but trying to stay out of the heat down here.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Speaking of landing gear. What would make one leg longer than the other? I have had no damage to the legs, but noticed that I have to put a small lynx block under one leg to make it level when raising the trailer. I have not dug into this problem as I have had a string of bad luck and had to handle many other things first.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia RVers
Speaking of landing gear. What would make one leg longer than the other? I have had no damage to the legs, but noticed that I have to put a small lynx block under one leg to make it level when raising the trailer. I have not dug into this problem as I have had a string of bad luck and had to handle many other things first.
Check the mounting They have a notch on the frame side of the outer tube that should set against the frame ( Bottom of the clamping bracket)Should bein the same place on both sides. If that is good then I would hitch up and run then up and check to see if they are the same if not then unhook the cross bar and turnone so they are the same from the bottom of the leg to the bottom of the frame then hook it back up.

I hope that makes sence LOL
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Keith, we took a trip to the Texas rally back in March and it rained on us most of the way. When we got there and I was setting up I noticed everything in the front storage compartment was soaked. Well I pulled everything out and dried it and we went on with the rest of the trip. When I got home I started looking and found that the U clamps that hold the landing gear legs were evidently not tightened well enough and had allowed the front legs to slide up about a 1/2' which broke the seal around the legs where they go through the front storage area hence causing water to come in soaking the front compartment.

I was able to hook it up to the truck and get the pressure off the legs then loosen the U bolts enough so that I could hit the top with a sledge hammer and bring them back down to the right hight then tighten them back down like they should have been from the factory. I then resealed around where they go through the storage area so it should be water tight now. Sorry for being long winded but that may have happend to one side of yours letting it slip and causing your issue.

I am beginning to think our trailers were built on the same day by the same people.Edited by: Hunter11
Old 08-15-2009, 05:40 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Keith;

After your suggestion, I was able to take a look at my legs (trailer that is) and sure enough that was my problem. You can see where the legs were tighted around the U clamps had moved down to make the leg shorter. I did not have the tools with me to fix, as I was taking it to the shop to get the gas line repaired where I broke with my last blown tire. I will fix this after getting it back from the shop.

Thanks for your help and yes I agree they must have been built the same day and I'm sure it was a holiday weekend on Friday. Had to be after 12 noon.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Well I am glad at least you know what the problem is with the front legs but sorry you have the same issue I had. If you keep having issues with your AC send me an email and maybe I can help with that to.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Purchased the Remote landing gear kit from Dave and installed it this afternoon. Seems to work great. Haven't hitched up the truck with it yet but was able to control the jacks from 50-75 ft away. Easy install and can highly recommend it. Thanks dave......
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Purchased the Remote landing gear kit from Dave and installed it this afternoon. Seems to work great. Haven't hitched up the truck with it yet but was able to control the jacks from 50-75 ft away. Easy install and can highly recommend it. Thanks dave......
Stan Your welcome, Glad you got it all hooked up and working.

Dave
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

I got home Thursday, picked up my trailer from dealer Friday morning, had remote installed within an hour. Thanks Dave!!! Works great!!The price was right and the install was simple. Thanks again.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote