Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

RV Air Flow System?

Wondering if anyone has installed this into their air conditioning system. I am considering purchasing this for our Coleman Mach system.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I added two extra vents in my Rushmore. Made a huge difference. Thinking about increasing the size of the return vent. Maybe a couple inches both sides. 0617181605.jpg0614211359.jpg
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
Site Team

I have always been a little suspicious of you tubers advertising things. Most are provided by the manufacturer and are compensated some how. If they tell the truth they would never receive any more "free" things. And just go to my amazon store and it will not cost any more and they get some form of compensation. I checked a few items and they could be bought on amazon from other sellers for less.

That said it looks interesting but i would like to see more on it.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

This is the RV Airflow website. I just picked a YouTube video. There are many out there where Others have tested it. Just wondered if anyone on here had installed one. Website states:Since June of 2020, Grand Design is installing RV Airflow at the factory!
https://rvairflow.com/

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Old 06-14-2021, 05:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Looks interesting and I've seen other videos on it. Seems to work, but the price is outrageous. If it ever goes down in price, I would consider it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Agree, price is high!

Old 06-14-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Site Team

I have read where it's not designed for ALL units just yet.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:14 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Yea according to the name on my system on the ceiling, I have the Coleman Mach system. Would have to measure to make sure it fits the system. I can see how it should increase air flow for sure.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Beware! This insert shuts off your fast dumps and only delivers air through your round vents. Not for me. I sometimes want fast air exchange through my dumps on my Coleman 15
Old 06-24-2021, 07:20 PM   #10
Bro
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramn4ver View Post
I added two extra vents in my Rushmore. Made a huge difference. Thinking about increasing the size of the return vent. Maybe a couple inches both sides. Attachment 5002Attachment 5003
I also have a Rushmore and would be interested in how you did this? I installed.a 3rd ac because of the lack of flow from the vented ac.
Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:42 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I called Crossroads. They sent out two sets of vents. Went to home depot. Picked up the correct size hole saw.
The vents run in a H pattern. Measured twice. Drilled once. Help 30%.
But enlargering to return vents made a huge improvement. Found new ceiling vent covers at Ace Hardware. Also foam for a air filter. Cut a template out of cardboard. Traced the lines on ceiling. Found a Dremel blade at home depot. Cut away. I did put a tarp down for sawdust.
It's been 102°. Inside staying 77°
Also back in 2013, first summer. The rear a/c unit was not installed correctly. I removed unit. It was like a 5th grader installed it. Missing the divider for the return air and cold air. Once that was corrected. We finally had some cold air. Also the front a/c was installed wrong. Had too reseal it from the inside.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:36 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Found a small air gap this morning. Sealed it off. Should help even more. 0625210534.jpg0625210557a.jpg
Old 06-25-2021, 11:29 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Well I ordered the RV Air Flow system at a discounted rate for Law Enforcement. After I receive it and get it installed I’ll post my review on the system.

Old 06-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

If anyone else is interested in ordering this they have a referral program. Since I ordered one. Anyone else can get 15% off and they send me $10. Better than nothing right? Just have to use this link.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Law Enforcement. Should have gotten it for free! Bless you.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don20 View Post
Law Enforcement. Should have gotten it for free! Bless you.
Thanks. 35 years in. 5 years retired. Still working Tuesday’s in court as a Bailiff.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:51 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I have read where it's not designed for ALL units just yet.
Lloyd
If they don't already have the dimensions for your camper they instruct you how to measure your AC unit, send them the dimensions and they will make you a RV Airflow for your camper and after they get your feedback if everything is good they add your model to their inventory...Seems to me if this is as good as they say it is it would be worth the price if you don't want to go to the expense of a second AC unit...

PS.....PapaT thanks for your service...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:32 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

Yea, I’n my case with my current 5er. I can’t add a second ac due to the low clearance of my building. It’s showing my Air Flow System is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. And if I can get 40% more air flow like they say. I’ll be happy.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:14 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Well, I received the Air Flow system today. Really quick delivery! Pretty straight forward to install. Took approximately one hour. I did have to remove excess H-Vac tape around the plenum and duck areas and tidy things up. Everything went smooth during installation. I didn’t have any way to measure the air flow from the air ducks in the ceiling, but I could definitely tell air flow was increased. In the farthest vent in the bedroom it actually blew some sawdust residue out of the vent. So, happy with the overall finished product.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Well, I received the Air Flow system today. Really quick delivery! Pretty straight forward to install. Took approximately one hour. I did have to remove excess H-Vac tape around the plenum and duck areas and tidy things up. Everything went smooth during installation. I didn’t have any way to measure the air flow from the air ducks in the ceiling, but I could definitely tell air flow was increased. In the farthest vent in the bedroom it actually blew some sawdust residue out of the vent. So, happy with the overall finished product.
So, reminder: If anyone else is interested in ordering this they have a referral program. Since I ordered one. Anyone else can get 15% off and they send me $10. Better than nothing right? Just have to use this link.