Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Ok, got a new one for ya experts.

In our Jayco it was easy to have one Sat receiver (DTV) and set the box up in the living room and send that signal to all 3 TV's in the camper (through a dist box). On our new Cruiser, at the TV I have a over the air TV coax and a Sat Coax wall plate. Is there a way to open those up to see how they are split so I can tap in to them?

I have a Winegard video distribution box but it its hard to mount given how small the space is on the new camper TV area.

Thoughts on this little problem?

RR

rollingrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I have a dish network receiver (it is a duo model receiver that will send two signals out so you can watch two different channels on two different tv's), and did open up the wall and changed the sat plate from a single outlet plate to a double outlet plate. I then ran the sat in to one of the outlets and the second outlet went to my bedroom tv and outside tv outputs.

What I did was this: I took the sat in and ran it to the new plate so it stayed sat input. Then on the new plate that has the second outlet, I turned it into an inlet, and that runs from the back of my dish sat box second outlet to the plate, and thentoa splitter that I tied into the bedroom out, and to the outside outlet too. (my out to the bedroom on the main panel that has the anteanna booster, which went also to the outside outlet, if that makes sense) to clarify that in prentheses, my main plate for anteanna and cable has on the back of it: in from anteanna, in from cable, and out to the bedroom and the outside outlet, which the main out from the main plate goes toboth the bedroom and outside line so my main plate has the bedroom out line that then goes to a splitter and one side goes to the bedroom, the other goes to the outside outlet. So I just cut that main out to the bedroom and outside outlet, from the main plate (that has the inputs for anteanna and cable) and tied into that to that my sat receiver will now also send a signal out to the bedroom and outside outlet. I hope this makes sense if not ask and I maybe able to clarify it better with your question.

This way also I didnt have to use a distribution box, it was all hooked up inside the wall and I only had to add that plate that had two outlets on it.Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit5561
I have a dish network receiver (it is a duo model receiver that will send two signals out so you can watch two different channels on two different tv's), and did open up the wall and changed the sat plate from a single outlet plate to a double outlet plate. I then ran the sat in to one of the outlets and the second outlet went to my bedroom tv and outside tv outputs.

What I did was this: I took the sat in and ran it to the new plate so it stayed sat input. Then on the new plate that has the second outlet, I turned it into an inlet, and that runs from the back of my dish sat box second outlet to the plate, and thentoa splitter that I tied into the bedroom out, and to the outside outlet too. (my out to the bedroom on the main panel that has the anteanna booster, which went also to the outside outlet, if that makes sense) to clarify that in prentheses, my main plate for anteanna and cable has on the back of it: in from anteanna, in from cable, and out to the bedroom and the outside outlet, which the main out from the main plate goes toboth the bedroom and outside line so my main plate has the bedroom out line that then goes to a splitter and one side goes to the bedroom, the other goes to the outside outlet. So I just cut that main out to the bedroom and outside outlet, from the main plate (that has the inputs for anteanna and cable) and tied into that to that my sat receiver will now also send a signal out to the bedroom and outside outlet. I hope this makes sense if not ask and I maybe able to clarify it better with your question.
Thanks Brian.

I am going to bring this up at my PDI on Sat....the sad part...I home a Home Theater Business....hope to have one of my guys take a look with me one of these days.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I also had another thought on it too. If you have just the direct tv box what you would do is this.

Put a double outlet in place of the sigle sat outlet. run your sat in to one of the sides of that outlet. Then take your main anteanna plate off the wall and look at it and you will see where it is marked, "out to bedroom" . Cut that cable and "T" into it. Also cut the "anteanna in to the main plate and also "T" into it too. Now from the second outlet on the sat plate run a cable into a splitter. Then from that splitter run one cable to each of the "T's"(one to the bedroom and one to the anteanna in).

Now when you hook up your receiver you run the "sat in" to the back of your receiver marked sat in. Then on the back of the receiver marked TV out, hook that up to the second outlet which goes to all of your TV's in the trailer, (remeber the splitter you installed in the wall will now distribute the signal to bedroom and anteanna in) This way it is all inside the wall and you dont have to use your distribution box at all, it is all hooked up inside the wall.Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Good point there. I will take a closer look when we get it home on Sat.