Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
New Camper

Screen room for 2008 cruiser awning

Is there a screen room that can be added to this awning? We have three slide outs so the awning is shorter.
BVIDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

0903141349.jpg
Go to ShadePro website look up your brand of awning, they have sun rooms. We have the Vista shades on both awnings & they don't close the ends ,but make a nice area underneath.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
Site Team

PPL motor homes has a selection. Screen room
Attached Images
File Type: jpg patty-o-room.jpg (28.5 KB, 93 views)

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the info. We're in need of warding off the Jersey mosquitoes. They get pretty thick here and their bites can be nasty. In the spring we have no seeums and strawberry flies. We kid a lot that our state bird is the horsefly. We will continue our search.
BVIDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
New Camper

What about wind issues with this type of awning attachments?
Gingko4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #6
Site Team

This one is mesh. Wind pretty much blows right thru it. You stake it at the bottom. Other wise I guess when the wind gets to the point that the main awning has to be rolled up, you will have to slide this one out of the awning rail, and put the awning in.

This one I'm not familiar with.
It does look like it would be a little more labor intensive tho. Either putting it up or taking it down.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
Site Team

They want to keep out the bugs, so the top one would not work. Those New Jersey mosquitoes are dangerous.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #8
Gone Traveling

Mine DOES NOT have to slide in/out of the tube to be removed, the short section on the awning stays on the awning, the bottom section zips on/off, they can be down in about 10 seconds.
As noted they want to keep bugs out so it wouldn't work anyway. Shade Pro also has screen rooms, just not sure they will work with electric awnings.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #9
New Camper

RV Screen

Thank you for the info
I'm in Utah...every evening we get a nice breeze (sometimes too much breeze..lol)...not sure I could get the screen down fast enough. Would love to have the nice outdoor space though for sitting outside at night. Happy Travels Y'all
Gingko4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Mine DOES NOT have to slide in/out of the tube to be removed, the short section on the awning stays on the awning, the bottom section zips on/off, they can be down in about 10 seconds.
As noted they want to keep bugs out so it wouldn't work anyway. Shade Pro also has screen rooms, just not sure they will work with electric awnings.
Does the short section that stays with the awning tube slide in and out of the tube?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #11
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Does the short section that stays with the awning tube slide in and out of the tube?
Yes it will slide in/out if you want to remove the short section, which isn't necessary they are designed to be left on. The bottom section on both is 6', the short top section varies with how much you want hanging. Mine have a 2' section on the slide awning & a 3' section on the main awning, they've been on for 4+ years, which total to a 8' & 9' drop.