Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We just bought a used 2005 Crossroad Cruiser. It runs a little high on the front end with our truck.We don't want to adjust the truck. Is it possible to raise the fifth wheel with shackles an inch or two longer or block up the springs?

Thank you.
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I went both routes on my 29 ft Zinger. The factory put new shackles and I put 1 1/2 ins spacers under the springs. We ended upa total of 3& 1/2 ins taller.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

When we were at the rally we had Randy install the taller EquaFlex, we went from the 4" model to the 6 1/2" model and it gave us approx 2" once all was said and done. It was also a pretty inexpensive fix.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks cwit.

Rscrees........not familiar with the Equaflex. Also where did you get it done? We are up Sudbury area. Thank you
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker
Thanks cwit.

Rscrees........not familiar with the Equaflex. Also where did you get it done? We are up Sudbury area. Thank you
Equa-flex comes standard on the Kingston and seville, I am not sure if it comes on the cruisers but it is a rubber damper type center point for the axles, works like a shock absorber. We had ours replaced at the Factory when we were down for the rally. I imagine that you could purchase them and have someone local do the install, I would also advise on the wet bolt kit as well. Here is the link to Equa flex

http://www.trailair.com/products/equaflex/

If you contact the customer service at Crossroads I am sure they will be able to help out.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:18 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I put equa-flex on mine with wet bolts one of the best things you can do for the life of your camper. from the faqctory they use nylon bushings and with the wet bolt kit you get bronze with greese fittings in the bolts You will not only improve your campres ride but your truck ride as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I also installed the wet bolt kit and Equaflex on my trailer myself in the driveway, and it makes a big difference in the ride for sure. And I bet the trailer will last longer too because it isnt being shaken as violently going down the road. Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Rscrees,

First I heard that they make 2 different size equaflex mounts. I sure could use a couple of more inches of height on my Cruiser. I currently have the factory installed equiflex. When they installedyour taller model did they have to change anything else, like the spring hanger mounts either in the center or on the ends?

Just wondering if it is just a mechanical change out or do you have to get into welding spring hangers.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

if you have the center spring hanger that has two holes then you have what I have on mine. I did have to have new ones put on. My original spring hangers only had 1 hole in them.

They do make 2 or more equaflex's themselves but they are made for the weight of the RV not the heighth. If you have an equaflex on your trailer then you have the proper set up for the weight of your RV. To get more heighth I dont know what you would do. Im sure others will chime in or start a new thread of how to raise your RV up higher, and ask that way.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeman
Rscrees,

First I heard that they make 2 different size equaflex mounts. I sure could use a couple of more inches of height on my Cruiser. I currently have the factory installed equiflex. When they installedyour taller model did they have to change anything else, like the spring hanger mounts either in the center or on the ends?

Just wondering if it is just a mechanical change out or do you have to get into welding spring hangers.

Kurt:
This what the spring hangers look like on my 5er.
Came from the factory that way. Right above them on the outside lip of the frame they welded a 1in./1in sq. tube about 6-8 in. long.
As I look mine over more closely lately, I'm thinking just maybe I missed a lot of the problems some of the others are having. I suppose I better knock on wood pretty hard after say that!!
">
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Nope I don't have that 2 hole center hanger like in Lloyd's photo. Mine just has one hole and it looks like it is about where your top hole is. My Equaflex looks about the same size as the one in your pic Lloyd.

I was hoping maybe a longer version of the equflex would raise her up without having to change hangers. I've followed prior threads on raising the rig and done a little research as well and it has always been a little more than I wanted to get into. A local trailer builder said he could put a 4 inch beam between the frame and the hangers, but that'smore than I am wanting to do at this point.Just thought this might be an easier fix.

Thanks guys.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Ridgeman if you want the 4 ins. that is the safetest way to do it. If you go with longer shackles make sure they have the v channel welder in for support.