Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Okay - being new parents - we adopted a baby in August 09 - the best thing we have ever done. Well I still want to camp as much as possible but I want to pack & unpack less, so I wasn't sure what everyone has done for mods for babies to kids. We have a Zinger 30BH - my idea was to either take out the jacknife sofa & put the packinplay there til Ava gets older or utilize the table area for a crib/play area? Any input greatly appreciated. I mainly want to have her sleep/play area in the camper for the next year or so & don't want to have to bring it every time we camp, I only want to worry about clothes & food.

Thanks
11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

First off. Congratulations - that's a GREAT addition to the family. I looked at the ST30BH. If the lower bunk folds up, I would do that and put a pack and play in there. It's a good thing to have if you travel without the camper.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on the adoption!....Ava is the name of our 3rd granddaughter and Michelle is the middle name of our 4th...Placing the pack n play in the sofa spot sounds ok , you wont have much time to sit anyways right?!...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I, too, would put up the lower bunk and put the pack and play in there, and leave it there. You can always find a second hand one at a rummage sale and leave it in the camper all the time. That way it is one less thing to think about.

Chevy Suburban 1999
crazymama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Oh, yes, I forgot to say Congratulations on your adoption! I adopted two children from Vietnam when they were 9 months and 2.5 months, they are now 12 and 15. It was, by far, the best thing I have ever done!

Chevy Suburban 1999
crazymama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

my youngest is 2 years old and after much thought i went and bought a metal baby gate, the kind that you would put in a large opening in your house. it has a section that opens like a gate. i attached it to the walls of one of my lower bunks. its like having a crib that the baby cant crawl out of. we did the play pen thing in the middle of the camper. it didnt work for us. theres always someone coming and going in our trailer and that would wake the baby.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
We put the dining table down into its bed form and used that when we took our pack-n-play crib. Worked well in two ways. 1 - it was out of the way unless you needed to eat inside the trailer (we normally eat outside). 2 - it sits higher than when it was on the floor so getting the baby down into it was not as much bending. Especially when they are sleeping, you don't feel like you are going to drop them on the floor.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A PARENT. We adopted two little baby girls from Mexico, one in 1975 and the other in 1977. Yes it is the most wonderful experience, (although the teenage years can be a bit rough), that just keeps getting better. We now have 3 adorable grandsons that I thank God for everyday. It's also good for children to get to go camping and exploring as it brings a family together for a lifetime. Our daughters still talk about our trips and are now making sure their children have the same memories.

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote