Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post
I agree that the speakers are lackluster! I also agree that a good Bluetooth outdoor speaker works great for us. I would like to upgrade the inside speakers so when the inside dance party starts the sound is much better, lol.

But, we usually just use the bluetooth speaker inside as well.

I might also hook up a soundbar to the TV. Those speakers REALLY SUCK!

The TV speaker really does stink. I have mine connected to the sound system and use the interior speakers to augment the TV. Works great. Plugged it into the auxiliary I believe.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
The TV speaker really does stink. I have mine connected to the sound system and use the interior speakers to augment the TV. Works great. Plugged it into the auxiliary I believe.
I might try that first...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 AM   #23
Seasonal Camper

Lightbulb

Quote:

Actually now that I think about it, I believe there were speaker wires, the male red and white wires coming out of the wall from sound system that I was able to plug into the TV. I will take a picture when I get into the camper.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Quote:

It makes a huge difference not having that tinny TV speaker screeching at you.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

Here are some photos that should have accompanied my previous response.

Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

addendum........and more new stuff.

Further to my original post, I recently added an 8” sub-woofer to supplement the Dual head unit and Pioneer speakers that replaced the POS the factory fitted.
It is enclosed in a ¾” ply box I built from scraps and mounted under the rear countertop just in front of the rear door with the speaker firing toward the back wall.
It is fed from the sub-woofer out radio jack on the back of the head unit and driven by a $9.00 single channel amp bought from ‘ebay’ which in turn is powered by a small transformer rescued from my salvaged parts drawer supplying 12v at the correct amperage.
Now the base lines of audio CD’s are full and warm, and movie soundtracks have a cinema quality, enough to make my wife jump when the likes of Mr. Cruise, Gibson, Diesel, Stallone or that Rock chappie blow things up as they inevitably do.
Another trip into to workshop resulted in some soft closing drawers that are almost the full width of the void under the two dinette seats. Gone are the days of removing the seat pad, and ply base to retrieve the slow cooker and George Forman grill. These are so functional, if I could find a way to market them I’d make them for everyone, if you haven’t already made them yourself, I urge you to do so.
As a precaution, and to keep the outside outside, I ordered from the nice people at ‘Dometic’ a slide topper. It took about two hours to install, no B.S. The instructions were excellent and the unit is awesome, I can now close the slide without the fear of ‘ingesting’ flotsam I’d rather leave outside, and as a bonus, it keeps the ceiling of the slide that much cooler.
I found a feather light 19” LED TV on sale in ‘Best Buy’ for $79. Having a $200 store credit from a recent phone upgrade in my pocket I couldn’t resist and it now resides in the top cornet of our bedroom unobtrusively against the bathroom bulkhead wall attached by a $12.00 (inc shipping) fully articulating mount also from ‘ebay’.
There’s a convenient cable and power outlet up there so instantly we could drift off to sleep to the gentle chords of ‘Cheers’ rerunsafter a busy day out.
Not satisfied with what we could receive via the cable outlet I splurged and found a multi media player ($18.00 guess where from) that plays movies stored on USB flash drives or SD cards. It’s about the size of a cigarette packet and is attached to the back of the TV with Velcro.
So far I’ve ‘ripped’ fifteen of my favorite full length movies onto a single 32 gig flash drive and it’s still not half full. Now, if beloved wants to watch ‘Mary Poppins’ (again) in the rear living area, I can retire to the pillow top up the front, and watch the ‘Boys’ blow stuff up.
Oh Deep joy.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:45 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the post and enjoy your new entertainment trailer!

Yes, we added the second tv in every trailer when kids were younger and its a Godsend on rainy days.

I've often thought of upgrading, but we don't spend as much time in the trailer as we did when the kids were little. Your post did get me off my duff and order some nice new Infinity References to replace stock garbage in the trailer. The outside speakers, not going to mess with. I have a surround sound bluetooth boombox that works just as well outside, and frankly we camp in parks where were so close together, I wouldn't have the chance to crank it up anyhow.

I do have a cheap amp still in the box I can add.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:35 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

My '18 Zinger 229RB speakers were wired the same way, left side were outside, right were inside. Instead of dealing with the wait time at the dealer I came up with a really simple solution and fixed it myself.

Parts needed:

6 or 8 post terminal block
red forked terminals to fit the terminal block
red female spade terminals
2 non-lighted on-off-on toggle swtiches
some 18-20 gauge wire, 2 different colors - length depends on your toggle switch locations.

My solution:
I used an 8 post terminal block to isolate inside/outside left/right positive speaker wires. I used a single terminal block post for left negative inside/outside and another post for right negative inside/outside speaker wires. One terminal block post for each of the positive speaker wires. The head unit's left positive wire went to the center terminal on one of the toggle switches and the right positive wire to the center terminal on the other toggle switch. I then wired the "left" toggle switch "on" terminals to the appropriate terminal block posts for left positive inside/outside speaker wires. I repeated the same actions for the "right" toggle switch. You'll want to make sure the left & right toggle switch inside/outside "ON" positions match each other when you install the switches in the location you chose, i.e inside speakers have the left & right toggle switches up or to the right.
229RBZinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #29
Gone Traveling

In the case of outdoor speakers, you can consider Magnadyne WR40B due to replacement features. I replaced it with my broken RV speaker and it is working fine. By the way, for outdoors, you can also consider portable speakers Oontz Angle 3. Kisreal Mini could also be a choice if you want a waterproof one.

On the other hand, you can use any auto speaker for indoor use. I prefer Pioneer TS-G4645R due to its reasonable price. You can also see reliable 4×6 speakers from here. In addition, I would also suggest you to consider JBL Club auto speakers due to their great sound quality.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #30
New Camper

The outside speakers on our 2020 Volante beyond suck. They are powered on their own and controlled by the factory bluetooth soundbar at the rear of the camper. I didnt even want to mess with them, so I installed a Bluetooth soundbar and sub in the front storage compartment. Sounds awesome. The only drawback is that you have to have the compartment open when using it.
ChadDuke is offline   Reply With Quote