Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Site Team

Suspension upgrades and Lift kit.

A while back i decided to up grade my camper's suspension with new equalizers and a wet bolt kit. I will get to the lift kit later. What did i use?

Wet bolt and shackle kit: MORryde U012-016 Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit.

New equalizers: Lippert 279688 Equa-Flex Suspension Upgrade Kit.

Why these over others?

Well the wet bolt kit is built very good with new bushings and the shackles are about twice as thick as the stock ones.

The Equalizer was chosen after searching the interwebs for one that matched the dimensions of the original equalizers. Measuring from the center hole down to a line across the spring shackle holes and from one shackle hole to the other it was almost a perfect match. Some i checked out were shorter and i needed to keep the camper at the same height or raise it.

Now the review: If you have not upgraded your campers suspension i would highly recommend that you do so. These upgrades made the camper ride a lot better. I could actually feel it in the truck. And like most my bolts and bushings were worn out so they needed replaced. Wish i had did this sooner.

Now the lift kit.

My camper after adjusting all i could sat a little high in the front. I thought about raising it with the Lippert Correct Track system but that was a no go.
After down loading the install instructions i found out there is a minimum measurement from the frame to the hole on the spring hangers. My campers spring hangers were too short. So back to looking for a way to raise the camper.

I found a company out of Canada called Trailerblocks.com.. After a lot of research and talking with local welders about raising the camper i decided this would work for me. So after taking some measurements i ordered the complete kit 2" lift blocks/ u bolts-washers-nuts/ tie plate.

The review: After installing all the above we took a trip to Branson mo. There are a lot of good size hills and very winding roads. The trailer did great. No leaning or feeling like it was unstable after raising the center of gravity. I was very pleased and now the camper sets level on the truck.

DISCLAIMER: The lift kit i used i will NOT RECOMMEND! Everything else YES.
Do your own research and make your own decision. I have put about 1100 miles on since the install with NO problems. The camper rides better then ever. But you decide if raising your camper this way is for you.

If anyone has any questions about these upgrades just ask.
dagst1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
A while back i decided to up grade my camper's suspension with new equalizers and a wet bolt kit. I will get to the lift kit later. What did i use?

Wet bolt and shackle kit: MORryde U012-016 Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit.

New equalizers: Lippert 279688 Equa-Flex Suspension Upgrade Kit.

Why these over others?

Well the wet bolt kit is built very good with new bushings and the shackles are about twice as thick as the stock ones.

The Equalizer was chosen after searching the interwebs for one that matched the dimensions of the original equalizers. Measuring from the center hole down to a line across the spring shackle holes and from one shackle hole to the other it was almost a perfect match. Some i checked out were shorter and i needed to keep the camper at the same height or raise it.

Now the review: If you have not upgraded your campers suspension i would highly recommend that you do so. These upgrades made the camper ride a lot better. I could actually feel it in the truck. And like most my bolts and bushings were worn out so they needed replaced. Wish i had did this sooner.

Dan, didn't your trailer have the Equa-Flex already on it?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
Site Team

Nope just a solid center equalizer.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
Site Team

When we ordered our cruiser the Equa-Flex was an option, and I had it put on.
I don't know if they had it out yet when yours was built. That was mainly my reason for asking.

You did a real nice upgrade on your rig. I'm sure you can tell the difference
Nice write up.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
Site Team

We are the second owners and my understanding in the first owners traveled with it the first year then it sat on a lake lot until they traded it in. So if it was a option back then it probably was not ordered. We have had it a little over 6 years. Should have upgraded it years ago. Man what a difference along with the B&W hitch. The ride is just getting better.