Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Could have notched the aluminum underlayment strip and used the bracket (like I did in the rear), but then I would have been on the inside flange of the I-beam and would have had to tap the holes for mounting bolts. This style of mounting is an option in the installation guide.

The rear locked and loaded!

And the Front. Julie came home for lunch about this time. She went inside and sat in one of the recliners. I huffed and puffed, pushed and shoved on the outside of the 5er. Then went inside and hopped from leg to leg, side to side and front to back (didn't have the Roto Choks on). Her words..."At least 90% improvement"!!IMO, you could tell the difference just walking up the outside steps; you didn't feel the trailer squat on you.

Anyone on the fence about doing this...just use my excuse, "But Baby, I'm only spending this money because I'm thinking of you"! Now, if I can just sale that darn KP tripod.

Oh, one last thing...usually this is the time when us handyman pros like to say,"OH S***, where do all these parts go...what did I miss"?

Guess this is due to various installation requirements on different 5ers and TTs.Edited by: Cobra909

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Nicely done! Thanks for the pictures.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Good job Lynn. Have you had a chance to see how they work? I am thinking about adding a stabilizing system to our trailer this year but I am still looking at all the options.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Site Team

Nice Job!! Good pics!
Thanks for sharing. Helps a person to understand a little better. I'm also thinking about a stabilizer system this summer.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Morning all and thanks for the compliments. I'll finish the install today and will post more pics tonight as well as a function test report. I will say this now though. After completing the rear, I lowered the rear jacks(stabs) and tightened the stabilizers. I then pushed on the outside of the 5er to get it to rock side to side...let's just say the tail is NO LONGER wagging the dog! Very little movement with just the rear stabs engaged. Can't wait to finish, so instead of sitting here BSing, I'm headed outside to complete the install. Have a good 'un!

07 Cruiser 30SK

&lt
Old 03-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the pictures. They're a big help because I have a JT StrongArm kit that I intend to install when the weather warms up.

I'm curious to know if you had to reposition your spare tire mount so that it moved the tire back a few inches? My spare tire extends out about 3 inches over the front rail that I'll be mounting the pivotson. It appears like I'll have to do a little modification to my tire mountbefore I can mount the kit. I'll bephoto documenting my installation as well.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Excellent install pictorial! I'm jealous of the green grass background in your photos, my rig is still sitting in 2 feet of snow... I had to move back the spare tire mount a couple of inches as well to get my JT's to fit / function properly in the front. Inotice a slight difference between the JT's and Eliminators in that the JT's have 2 mounting tabs on the ends of the tubes and appear to be a bit larger diameter, other than that all mounting brackets and hardware look to be identical.

2008 Cruiser CF32BL

2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 CC SB 8.1 Gasser / Allison. Tuning by Westers...
62dno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62dno
Excellent install pictorial! I'm jealous of the green grass background in your photos, my rig is still sitting in 2 feet of snow... I had to move back the spare tire mount a couple of inches as well to get my JT's to fit / function properly in the front. Inotice a slight difference between the JT's and Eliminators in that the JT's have 2 mounting tabs on the ends of the tubes and appear to be a bit larger diameter, other than that all mounting brackets and hardware look to be identical.

Thanks Dean and everyone else. Yes, I believe the JT's are 1 1/4" OD on the outer tube while the Eliminator outer tube is 1" OD with 3/4" OD on inner tube.

Oh yeah, we've already cut the grass 3 times!

07 Cruiser 30SK

&lt
Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Anyone find a good sale on these in Canada?
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Check with Woody's RV World in Calgary. Theyhave JT's on saleright now for $349.00 which is as cheap as you will find in Canada. I installed a set last year and it is definately money well spent.

2008 Cruiser CF32BL

2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 CC SB 8.1 Gasser / Allison. Tuning by Westers...
62dno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

I bought my set JT StrongArms from Happy Trails RV in Alberta. The MSRP for Canada is 713 bucks but I was able to get a set for $400 plus tax and delivery to Ontario. It just installed them last week. The installation took about 8 hours to mount.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

We just happened to be in Woody's RV in Red Deer Alberta this past weekendlooking for a replacement shower hose (leaking) when we noticed that they had JT Strongarms stabilizers on sale for 349.00 (canadian), I told my hubby that I had read favorable comments about them on this forum so we bought a set and hubby installed them on Sunday afternoon, it took him about 4 hours but he is a tradesman used to working in tight spaceswith tools and measurements all day long. We had to leave almost as soon as he was finished so have not had a chance to really walk around and check out what a difference it makes yet but just standing outside and rocking the trailer before and after there seems to be a big difference.
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #13
New Camper

I have added the eliminator stabilizers but haven't quite dialed in the setup to perfection, still getting some movement inside. Wondering if someone who has used these can give me some insight on a tried and true procedure for setup once you arrive at the campsite. My trailer is a Cruiser 32BL 5ver.
SDCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Well have my eliminators installed on the f,ver.Thanks to Cobra909 and all his great picture's it made it alot easier,every thing went without a hitch.What a difference!!A older fella,(well a little older than me) that was staying next to us in the campground told me to get the f,ver level then give it alittle more then tighten t-bolts and then let everything down a touch,it put's tension on the stabilizers which actually worked pretty well.Money well spent.Ron.

2008 Cruiser 29CK

2008 Dodge Mega Cab 2500HD 6.7L and the Boss, Bailey the Yellow Laprador Retiever
Ronkat is offline   Reply With Quote