Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

We installed the ultra fab 3000 tongue jack into our Zinger a while back. Have since been out on 2 camping trips and noticed a lot more movement in the TT. DH just told me that the tongue jack when in very easily and looking at it, it is actually smaller than the hole it sits in. Is there anything I can use as a filler to make it sit tighter and eliminate the movement this causes? I can't return it at this point and I can't afford to buy a new one. Only other solution is to go back to the original hand crank and DH really doesn't want this to happen. Thanks.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

you can go to a metal shop and have them cut you a flat bracket to fill the spot, just make it to fit where the new jack mounts up.

2003 Ford F250

2012 Sahara

From Pigeon Forge TN

https://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...9/DSC_0093.jpg
jim carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Most (larger) trailers use a 2-1/4" diameter hole for the jack. Sounds like you may have gotten a smaller 2" diameter jack.

I too made that mistake and found a lot of movement on mine. Luckily I was able to return it for a larger jack which made a difference.

Since you can't return it, do as Jim said above and see if someone can fabricate a bracket to make it fit better. Maybe even two, one on top and one below the a-frame.

Todd
Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
New Camper

Glad I saw and read this post. Im wanting to put on an electric jack myself.

Rockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I would also recommend buying one that is heavier than what you need to reduce the stress on the motor and has a top manual access. I had transferred a few year old power jack from the old trailer(600-lb), 2500# rating to the new crossroads(1100-lb). Within one year it just up and died when I was re-hitching to come home. Of Course the handle was 2-feet long(a u-bend in the middle, side access port) and I could only turn about 1/2 turn before hitting the tailgate. So, a quick stop at my rv store on the way home to purchase a 3500-lb unit and had it changed in the parking lot in about 10-minutes. So, far after 4-years this jack is still going strong.

Edited by: gossamar

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote