Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 06:46 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Up grading 5.25 ceiling speakers?

This last weekend I finnaly figure out the problem with my RCA receiver/DVD player. Yes after 5 years. The answer to my feedback buzzing noise from the TV, was using a optical fiber from the TV to the receiver. Now looking to upgrade the ceiling speakers. Which are 5 1/4". Has anyone else swapped them out?
Thanks Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I have done this swap to every TT and Toy Hauler we have owned. The ones that come with the rig are garbage. Amazing the difference in sound a good pair of Pioneer or Kenwood's does. This is a very easy swap to do.
kckettridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
New Camper

Me also, I swapped out 2 in my TT then 4 in my 5er...Polk audio marine for me. My next swap is the exterior speakers.
mattday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I know this post is a few months old, but I would really love to hear from people that did a successful swap. Both inside and outside.
I'd like to know what make and model speakers work well with the stock radio.
I'm no audiophile, but the tinny factory speakers leave a lot to be desired.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Hi Wingerdinger,

This was about the first job I did on our TT, can't bear poor audio from rubbish spkrs.

I bought a pair of Pioneer speakers from Best Buy. They were under $40 for the pair. BB had about a dozen pairs hooked up so it was just a matter of listening to them all then choosing those which best suited my personal taste.

Mine are sold as full range speakers and each has a small tweeter suspended over the main cone for high frequencies.

For no other reason than I like the warmth and depth of good sound, and my stereo has a separate sub-woofer terminal, I added a 9" powered unit and hid it under the end of the countertop.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Kenwood replacement speakers

I replaced the crappy speakers in my Zinger with Kenwood KFC-1695PS 3-way speakers from Amazon. About $57 CAN. Made a big difference when watching TV, as voices were really muddled on the factory ones. Note that you are not going to get booming bass from a pair of 6.5" speakers, but you could always add a subwoofer if you are a real audiophile. For me it was the clarity of the sound.
theflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Finally upgraded my two living room ceiling speakers. I must confess..ordered 5.25 inch..should of been 6 inch. But got lucky, they fit perfectly. Sound 100 times better. Now that I'm semi retired...I'm a Happy Camper..0206191527.jpeg0206191732.jpeg
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

TV on speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflake View Post
I replaced the crappy speakers in my Zinger with Kenwood KFC-1695PS 3-way speakers from Amazon. About $57 CAN. Made a big difference when watching TV, as voices were really muddled on the factory ones. Note that you are not going to get booming bass from a pair of 6.5" speakers, but you could always add a subwoofer if you are a real audiophile. For me it was the clarity of the sound.
I need to figure out how to hear the TV over the indoor radio speakers on my Zinger RD211. The speakers in the TV are terrible.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
I need to figure out how to hear the TV over the indoor radio speakers on my Zinger RD211. The speakers in the TV are terrible.
FenderBender, there is a thread (I was involved in) on the site where we discussed connecting the TV to the audio system. It differs on a lot of RVs, but most of the time it just involves just adding cables. You'll have to pull your audio unit out and check out the ports, as well as your TV.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

On my Crossroads I just plug an audio cable from the TV output to the "aux" input on the stereo.
The sound quality for voices is way better than stock-now I can understand the dialog!
theflake is offline   Reply With Quote