Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

help with finding low point drains

Im struggling to find the low point drains on my 2010 Sunset Trail ST26RK10.
The only visible drain port I can see under the trailer is the fresh water tank drain... Anyone have an Idea??
Thanks
Rrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Look underneath in front of your tires

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

2011 ST26RB S.T.Reserve, drains are 6 inches away from the freshwater drain, but only hang down 2 inches,and look the same. Sorry, wish I could be more help but I'm sure others will jump in and help.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:10 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for the quick replies.
Aceallenk, Only one drain port penetrating the belly skin, and thats the fresh water tank. I started searching the perimeter, but was cut short by heavy rains. I will resume the search today after work in drier conditions.
PapaT, I will check by the tires first.
Im surprised that they are not labeled on the skirting. everything else is labeled well, with the exception of the galley drain, which I happened to find by dumb luck on our second trip this year!
I will put a label on the skirt when I do find them, though.
Thanks again, guys
Old 10-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

My drains are behind the driver's side wheels. I have to remove a drawer to access the valves.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I searched today around the perimeter skirting. No luck. also looked inside under every water source. No luck. Not possible that it does NOT have any, is it?? This is my first TT, and i just got it 3 months ago...
Old 10-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Yea it’s has to have low point drains. You just haven’t found them.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I sent an email to the Manufacturer.... Maybe someone there can help with the locations. I'm gonna go out and scour it a little more.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

FOUND!! 2' Behind drivers side wheels, tight up against fiberglass skirting (literally underneath the shower) I had to get under there and crawl around on my belly for 10 minutes, but I got 'em.
Thanks for the replies to all.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Dropped her off for storage today. First time winterizing...... I'll be nervous all winter that all is ok!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Did you push the little button inside the city intake to purge water? Or did you blow air?

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:41 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

i blew air through it, then antifreeze in the drain traps, and throne.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

You likely got her good. This is my list of things I do, if you forgot something it's still not to late. I first drain at low point, then replace caps and turn my water valves by water heater to winterize position, place pink jug at hose, turn on pump, do the furthest point first hot and cold, outside shower hot/cold, outside kitchen hot/cold, inside shower hot/cold, vanity sink hot/cold, flush toilet and add pink to bowl, kitchen sink hot/cold, outside city water just push the one way valve. turn off water pump, redrain at low point and recapture some pink, replace the cap and add that pink to the pee traps, DRAIN the hot water tank, replace the bung and close this door, go back inside and return valves back to summer mode and close the door. Blow a little air through the black tank santi flush, and empty gray and black water tanks, and fresh water. Remove toaster, barbeque, anything that freezes, food, paper products, and bedding stuff, toothpaste, and you get the picture close the slides, pull her into the back yard and onto her 2x12 blocks, and if you have any tiny mice holes plug them with steel wool, add you mouse deterrent and a trap or two just in case. I use tractor starting ether as my deterrent and swear by it, I weekly spray a rag in the front see through storage, a rag in the rear cord compartment, and in the trailer by the door I spray a generous amount into an empty soup can. I read last year of everyone elses ideals to there mice deterrent and what one said worked didn't for the other, so while discussing this matter with a best friend and some past memory experience this was our reason. Buddy said it right, his brand new 3/4 million dollar tractor had a mouse in the cab, while his old 40 year knoc about has never had one, and the difference we could only come up with is the old klunker has always had a can of ether under the seat, something we both could agree on and both have proof of it. So ether it is for us both and neither have ever had a mouse in our trailers. Yes the smell of ether is quite strong but in the spring 10 minutes with the screen door and a window open its gone. But hey everyone to there own... right. Hope this helps.. I think I got everything I do, and remember to check you have your vents closed so dust and snow can't blow in. lol.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

WHEW ! it read like quite a procedure, but really took longer to type than to do the task, right?
I went to youtube kollege for my degree. heres my steps.
Fresh water tank drain (which we never used anyway)
Low point drains
Bypass at water heater, drain plug at water heater, and opened blow off. Closed blow off, but left drain plug out.
30 psi to city inlet, Outside shower H/C (with head off, hose hanging)
Kitchen sink H/C
shower H/C (with head off and hose hanging)
Bath Sink H/C
Commode flush
one last check on low point drains
went back and re-opened all faucets, set bypass back to summer mode
Air line to Black tank flush
1/2 gallon into kitchen sink (galley tank)
1/2 gallon into shower and bath sink (grey tank)
1 gallon into black tank, 2 cups in bowl.
3 buckets of damp rid (bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen)
opened fridge and freezer doors
confirmed vents closed tightly
2 mousetraps in cabin
1 mousetrap in pass thru storage
confirmed gas tanks off
2 fingers crossed. Taking mom to the Florida Keys in May, so I won't have much time to make repairs once I get her out of storage....
Old 05-30-2020, 10:39 AM   #15
New Camper

Wow, that really helps me out for winterizing my CC this fall.
Do you know any tricks to draining a galley tank?
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:08 AM   #16
New Camper

I have a 2013 Crossroads Zinger ZT-280-BH Found one low point drain, curb side of the trailer between the tires. No labels indicating such on the trailer. Aware of grey/black water drain and hot water tank drain. Have been under the unit but still unable to locate the other low point drains. Please help. Contacted dealer, manufacturer and no luck. Thanks for any assistance
marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:31 AM   #17
Site Team

Hello and Welcome!

There should be 3 drains -- 1 Fresh water tank --1 Cold water lines --1 Hot water lines. The water tank drain should be under the tank or very close to that location. There may be a valve or a cap on it. The other 2 could be anywhere under the camper. Look for possible a "hole where they may have been. Also look in the storage areas or in the lower cabinets in the booth storage or under the bed for water lines that may lead you to there location.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote