Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 02:45 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Outdoor kitchen drain pipe

My outdoor kitchen drains through 1 1/2" flex hose back behind the slide out and then connects into a rigid 90 degree elbow before it dumps into the Grey water tank. It is leaking on that connection. Looks like there was some sort of screw on adapter the holds the flexible hose into the rigid pipe. The flexible hose has no threads, just a smaller male connector that inserts into the rigid pipe.. This piece is busted on mine. Not sure where to look for a replacement or even what to call it for online searches. Any ideas on how to locate the correct replacement adaptor ? The connecting location is under the fridge, under the storage drawer.
cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Wow, Cwalther, you got away with 59 posts, without ever adding your year, make and model to your signature line?
It would be helpful to know that information.
Mine is connected with PVC the whole way, so I may not be much help.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

It's all there in my profile. HILL country HCT32RL. 2013
Ready to Rumble
Old 03-17-2021, 05:33 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

A "Hose Cuff" may be what you're looking for. Check amazon, or a pool supply place.
Old 03-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Wink

Found exactly what I needed at Home depot. It was the screw on coupler that allowed the male flexhose to be inserted into the rigid PVC on the Grey tank. Nice tight fit, hopefully no more leaks. In our recent Texas freeze, I had a cracked fixture on my outdoor shower, had to replace the whole fixture. Also had leak around base of kitchen faucet. (.49 cent o-ring) We normally squeak by with minimal winterization (drain the water heater, drain all drain ports sticking out of the underskirt and we are done) the recent 9 degrees for 4 days found whatever water there was and started busting stuff up. I also have a leaking water pump, but rarely use the water tank, just the city connection.. another project for another day. Gotta tear the bed up to get to that one. Thanks for the help
Ready to Rumble
Old 03-21-2021, 04:36 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Usually, the pump is pretty easy to get to, since it has the winterizer valves near it, and a hose attached for antifreeze. Us northerners have to access the pump every 6 months or so. I even leave the screws off the access panel. In mine, it is the 'cabinet' next the bed on the driver's side, and also contains the water heater, and the rest of the valves. The top comes off.
You might want to look at that water pump sooner than later, the pump has the check valve to keep city water from flowing into the fresh water tank. It's a common spot to freeze, inside the water pump.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote