Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

winterizing trailer

Well on my trailer there is a 3 way valve for antifreeze or fresh water tank, It looks like on your trailer you have two valves not a three way. You have a valve to open and close fresh water tank and one to open and close antifreeze pickup, If you left the fresh water tank open and your antifreeze pickup open than you might have lost some antifreeze into fresh water tank. No it does not hurt your tank to have antifreeze in it it is just harder to flush out as it is metal. If your plug is not out it should be as I remember the cold winters in Carman Mb. The plug should be out so if there is anything in there it will come out. In your first pic the lowest valve is the cold I believe and there is no valve for the hot side which has the one way check valve so that other valve is the bypass valve which looks like it is in the closed position. So just check tank or open fresh water tank drain as it should be drained also and left open. Good luck.
Bc, Canada
Crossroad Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Re Winterizing trailer

I very much appreciate the information and your thoughts on what I did with the by pass shut off valves. I don’t believe I put any Antifreeze in the hot water tank very possible I may have put Antifreeze into the grey tank. Im not sure since there is a bypass valve that is on the bottom left side that goes into the bottom of the floor as in one of the pictures. I’m very new at this winterizing I did flush the Grey and black tank before I parked it for the winter months. Is it needed to leave the grey tank valve open on the outside of the trailer where I dump the grey and black tank ?
Thanks again for all your help still learning how to service and look after this trailer properly so I don’t have issues later on down the road.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

This is the information I got from the 2014 Crossroads travel trailer page 44-46
Winterizing your RV trailer. I was trying to follow what the procedure they have in the owners manual.
Method 2 A
RV Anti-Freeze without ez winterizing system
(With By-Pass Kit Installed)
1. Purchase 4 -6 gallons of RV approved, non-toxic, anti-freeze.
2. Drain all tanks, fresh water and sewage tanks
3. Turn water heater by-pass valve to by-pass position. (The by
pass valve is located near the water heater incoming lines – an access panel may have to be removed depending upon the model.)
4. Drain water heater.
5. If installed, remove water filter from assembly and discard.
Install diverter if included.
6. Pour an amount of RV non-toxic anti-freeze into the fresh water
tank to fill the tank above minimum water pump operating level. (Use of a long funnel may be helpful) Add more, if necessary, during procedure.
7. Turn on pump switch and open the cold water side of all faucet fixtures. Leave open until the anti-freeze comes out (generally, pink in color). Repeat for hot water side.
8. Flush toilet until anti-freeze begins to flow into the bowl and then pour one gallon of anti-freeze down the toilet to winterize the black tank.
9. Pour anti-freeze down each shower/tub, lavatory sink, and kitchen sink to fill p-traps.
10. To winterize gray tank(s) pour one gallon down each related sink drain.

Method 2 B
RV Anti-Freeze with ez winterizing system
(With By-Pass Kit Installed)
1. Purchase 4 -6 gallons of RV approved, non-toxic, anti-freeze.
2. Drain all tanks, fresh water and sewage tanks
3. Turn water heater by-pass valve to by-pass position. (The by
pass valve is located near the water heater incoming lines – an access panel may have to be removed depending upon the model.)
4. Drain water heater.
5. If installed, remove water filter from assembly and discard.
Install diverter if included.
6. Locate the ez winterizing system found near water pump or on
some models in water management panel. Turn valve to close flow from fresh tank and allow flow from ez winterizing hose. Place hose into supply of anti-freeze.
Chapter 7: Plumbing System
DO NOT USE Automotive Anti- Freeze. Automotive Anti-Freeze is poisonous and not for use in 7. Turn on pump switch and open the cold water side of all faucet fixtures. Leave open until the anti-freeze comes out (generally, pink in color). Repeat for hot water side.
8. Flush toilet until anti-freeze begins to flow into the bowl and then pour one gallon of anti-freeze down the toilet to winterize the black tank.
9. Pour anti-freeze down each shower/tub, lavatory sink, and kitchen sink to fill p-traps.
10. To winterize gray tank(s) pour one gallon down each related sink drain.