Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
New Camper

Water tank location

Where is my water tank in 2017 Crossroads Zinger BH27? Is there access from inside of camper?
Thx Dave
dervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:23 PM   #2
Site Team

I found 2017 Zinger Z1-M-272BH. On that one the water tank fill is on the door side above the front tire. There is a "cap" that you remove to fill the tank.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I have never seen or heard about an RV where your city water and fresh water ports aren't near each other. If you have connected city water, your fresh water port is nearby. Most of the time, they are on the driver's side, but I've seen a few older ones on the back.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
I have never seen or heard about an RV where your city water and fresh water ports aren't near each other. If you have connected city water, your fresh water port is nearby. Most of the time, they are on the driver's side, but I've seen a few older ones on the back.

My fresh water inlet is about 15' away from my city water inlet.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Same, my fresh water filling port is up front, just behind the pass through storage while the city water connection is on on the same wall but about 5 ft from the back of the trailer.

As for the OP question. Fresh water tank is usually tucked between the frame beams in front of the front axle. It may be just in front, it may be further forward. There is no direct access to it from inside. If you have enclosed belly there is no access to it from below either without removing the bottom or cutting a hole (don't cut the tank). If the filler hole isn't good enough you can also try to get there through the water pump - next to it usually is the closest opening in the floor to the tank but even that will be hopefully a couple inches wide at the best.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:57 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
Edit: apparently, this information is not accurate, and I miss-read the OPs question. The fresh water tank will have a drain on it, hanging below the belly. Generally, there is three water drains, two are 'low point' drains, near the water heater, so you don't want to mistake those. On mine and a few friends, the low point drain hoses are blue and red, the fresh water drain hose is white.
I hope that information is more helpful than my last.
Perhaps you could tell us why you need to locate the actual tank?
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote