Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am looking to do a major mod to my very large pantry in my 31QB. Even with a family of 5 we just don't need that much space. What we do need badly is counter top space. My thoughts were to cut out the middle of the pantry which is 24"deep and 30" wideand resessing the top cabnets back to 15" or 16" deep.Then add a large drawer under the counter in the empty space. It doesn't look like it would be a bad job.

What I'm looking for is a matching counter top for this space and a drawer facing that equals the bunk room clothing drawer. Are these things I'm going to have to get through Crossroads or are they available through HD or Lowes.

I haven't done a lot of rearch yet so I thought I would start here.

thanks for any info.

Josh

2006 GMC 2500HD CC D/A LBZ

Sold 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC 8.1 3.73

B&W Turnover Ball Hitch with Companion
jgerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Most of the formica is available at one time or another from the manufacturer. Just remember that they buy well in advance of the model runs so the styling may no longer available without a prety good search. You can get the stuff through your dealer from cross roads.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We added a fold down counter extension to our 06 a while back and found a matchingremnant at a local floor covering company. It was the Formica Brand. HD or Lowes probably will not have a remnant. Probably Crossroads for the drawer front.

good luck

Dennis

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote