Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2019, 04:32 AM   #1
SJW
Weekend Camper

2010cruiser, city water inlet check valve?

When disconnected from the rv, the hose has water, but when attached to the rv, there isn't any water inside, since then, I've partially filled my tank and when I use the pump, I have water, but relying on just city, I get nothing...
I've read about junk in the check valve of the inlet, is this likely? I haven't gotten to check it yet but that's where I'm thinking the issue is, like a busted ball valve That isn't allowing water to pass into the rv...

2010 cruiser CR patriot edition
SJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
SJW
Weekend Camper

I fixed it, it was the check valve, behind the 45 degree angler, the one on the flush kit looks a lot newer, we realized the check valve was busted when my wife used the sink via water pump, while the hose was off, and my buddy got sprayed by fresh tank water... Aka not supposed to be coming back thru that way, camper world had the rv check valve but not the same style, so home depot had the adapter I needed to change from female to male.

Don't forget the pipe tape between metal connections , and the gasket in the end of the old check valve for the metal to plastic connection.
SJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
Site Team

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for posting to let us know.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

You should've told your buddy " I can't believe that happened. Here - let's try that again. "
87_Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, check valve, inlet, no water