Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
New Camper

Does anyone have this rear kitchen model? I just looked at one and its very roomy inside. I realy like how 4 people can sit around the table with out asking someone to get up to let you in or out.

The modelI lookedhad the Entertainment Center in the slide, not the refrigerator. This arrangement would make it very dificult to watch TV from the couch since it is also in the slide. The crossroads drawings and other internet photos I've seen have the have the refrigerator in the slide and the entertainment center on the curb side wall opposite the couch.

Did crossroads change the layout? what does yours look like?

thanks

GaryEdited by: gpscoqn
gpscoqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I agree having the e center on the curb side is more to my liking. Otherwise I would pass on the unit.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Does anyone have this rear kitchen model? I just looked at one and its very roomy inside. I realy like how 4 people can sit around the table with out asking someone to get up to let you in or out.

Gary, my dealer just got one in last weekend, we are seriously considering it...after a trip to the factory to check out how they are built...anyway the one we looked at had the EC on the side as shown in the brochure...and also came with upgraded 8.2 cf fridge...15k AC...totally complete with fantastic fans...and I agree, they are roomy...although we are considering ditching the 9' couch and putting in a 62" model and a very nice and comfy LazyBoy recliner...the only thing I would change...factory will do it for $250 but then I would lose the $2k discount on the model they have...enough for me to buy my own and know what I'm getting

Let me know what you decide...this model is now #1 on our list...and we've looked at 100's and 100's of models trust me Thanks

Edited by: tator447

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Jim, I have a 06 RK and really like the room and especially the extra counter space.
I have the dinette and since it usually only me I have to issues.
I am going to replace the 2 rockers with a large double chair with ottoman, I have 2 pups that travel with me and they both want to sit with me so this is my solution.

Good luck with your decision.
https://i43.tinypic.com/rlz8tk.jpg

Life is too short not to live it as a Texan.
Texas1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Remember every bounse down the road will move items in your cabinets, trust me I have a 5th wheel with a rear kitchen and will never get another one. A short camper is is the worst.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Gary, the DW and I just purchased this unit on Saturday. Because we live in WI and the camping season is over here the dealer (Camper Corral) has gratiously agreed to store it until spring for us at no cost. This being my first TT I will be doing quite a bit of camping locally until I can get used to driving, backing and handling one of these big units. I have learned so much on this forum I cannot begin to repay all of the kind folks for all their postings. It gives a "greenhorn" like me an opportunity to learn about some of the pitfalls beforehand so as to maybe not repeat the mistakes of others. Ours has the entertainment center right where it is in the photo below. Exactly as shown here, I wouldn't want it any other way

Any other questions let me know

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote