Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

stevenrees

No problem. Most of us just want to help one another. Us RV'ers come in all types. My 2011 CF30SKP wasn't in my posession for a week before I dropped the belly cover and inspected everything. I never even asked if it came with a warranty. I charted tank locations, wiring and poked into every nook and cranny. I think I understand my camper as well as the factory and I found many things that I could improve on but nothing that was a deal breaker. It is easier for me to fix most anything than to take the unit back to the dealer. I also feel I can do a better job of fixing my RV than any dealer. Thru this forum I have learned a lot. That said, we are not all alike in abilities and talents and the information here requires separating some "chaff from the wheat". I hope you will find owning a Crossroads product as much fun as I do. RV's require a lot of TLC just like any other "home" you might live in.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Next time your at the MX track ask a fellow racer/RV'r if he could help you point out a couple of things (by-pass as one,power converter...) I'm sure the "competition" would be glad to help out.

No you don't get a nice service Manuel. Like others said the service shops can fix a Dometic frig in any brand so all they need to know is which wire is hot or ground.

Good luck most of us are thick skinned and don't get to P.O. to easy.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Please do not feel you have offended anyone from what I said ! Through it all I was trying to get accross that this company isn't perfect as none are but when it comes to warranty service or just plainafter the sale service if your dealer is in question it doesn't get any better than Crossroads service with the Mr Michlers Gang of people.
Some times we all think we need or deserve the Moon & they can't go that far but they will repair our units and go above & beyond to satisfy a customer.
You will read many posts refering to Randy at Crossroads as the man to talk with & it is true but he has some very qualified folks surrounding him but he is kind of the charge guy. The nice part of dealing at that level is Randy worked his way up throught the RV industry building & repairing so he can do but most importantly understands what you may be talking about!
The wife & I have had the pleasure while sorting out some problems of working with Randy & his staff way back when they were alloted a couple of bays in no mans land to work out of until his todays facilties.
We have known & worked with them since early 2004 and been there many times as we only are about 50 mi.from them. If we are out & about or camping in Shipse we might drive down just to say Hi or have a cup & that type of a company is not ordinary or common at all but we have found this company to be as described & thankful for the privilage to have owned their products and met this type of people. JOHO jb Have a wondeerful day..
Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

stevenrees,

We just put on a second ac unit in the bedroom. We had already run a 15 amp breaker that we plug from the outside pole to the basement. We have two outlets marked outside outlet. We simply run an extension card from pole to basement and plug in for extra amps. What I am looking for is how to get the electricals of the new ac to the basement. I like you am sure there is opening somewhere to access to run the electricals when the trailers are not prewired. The RV dealer offered to place the second unit for us but we did not do it at that time. Have you been able to learn anything in this area? The extension card I have looped around the bedroom is not pretty but at least we are cool. Also we did have a issue with Lippert and Randy was great in helping resolve the issue. This is our third RV. We have had our unit 2 years and have no regrets. Good Luck.

2008 Cruiser CF31MK

2004 Chev 2500 HD Duramax

Harp traverle is offline   Reply With Quote