Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

is there a way to add a booster fan to pump extra cold air to ft bedroom ? i can install a 12v fan in bedroom vent to pull air thru. is it better to push it from source.? thanks , Tom
Old 02-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you get a reversing fan you can do which ever is cooler.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Odds are if you are not getting enough air up the bedroom area you have a leak in the duct work. We had leaks in our old Cruiser and our PP when we got it. If you do a search on the old CR forum link you should find plenty of reading on how to fix the problem. Our Cruiser only had on AC unit but once I fixed the leaks in the duct work we got plenty of air in the bedroom area. As far as I know I have never seen anyway to install a booster fan in the AC system.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
Odds are if you are not getting enough air up the bedroom area you have a leak in the duct work. We had leaks in our old Cruiser and our PP when we got it. If you do a search on the old CR forum link you should find plenty of reading on how to fix the problem. Our Cruiser only had on AC unit but once I fixed the leaks in the duct work we got plenty of air in the bedroom area. As far as I know I have never seen anyway to install a booster fan in the AC system.

Ditto

This and the Hunter thermostat install were the first two mods I did to our 30SK. Basically, remove all the rounds registers and apply aluminum tape to seal leaks from mounting ring to "ductwork". Also remove return air grill, several holes to seal in unit and to ductwork here also.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but the "ductwork" is simply the styrofoam under the roof, the styrofoam over the ceiling and styrofoam "walls" to form a rectangular duct that runs from the back to the front of the unit. Once the ceiling in installed, they drill the holes for the round registers. Be kinda hard to install a booster fan in the "duct".

OH! Don't forget to use low expanding foam to seal the ends of the ducts (front/back). These are not factory sealed so all you're doing is cooling the inside of the roof. All this made a huge difference in our front bedroom.

Good luck.

Lynn

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

the booster fan i was going to install is from a home pc power supply.fan is 3-4 " square / 12v dc very low output. possibly it would help tom