Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Angry Bedroom Slideout Warranty Repair

We purchased a new 2015 Crossroads Cruiser, Model 333RL, in May 2016. Bedroom slide out does not travel smoothly, motors labor, and doesn't seat tight when it's in. We scheduled repair at the dealer in November of last year and dealer inspected and then announced they were no longer certified to perform warranty repair on Crossroads RVs. According to the dealer, two of the rails were miss located, causing the slide out to bind as it traveled in and out. Floor also needs to be replaced due to water damage from improper closure of the slide.

Contacted Crossroads and received an email in December last year, stating the dealer was indeed a certified warranty repair station. Since then after many emails between Crossroads and us, approval for the dealer to perform the repair and parts have arrived at the dealer in early April. However, the dealer then announced that they do not have the capability to perform the repair.

In mid April Crossroads emailed that they would work with the dealership to bring to resolution. Although we've since sent emails to Crossroads for status, we have not received a reply. So we've been at this for six months with no end in sight yet. We’re actually happy with the RV with the exception of this dilemma.
rdfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

I'd be finding a different dealer to perform the repairs, if they are that full of excuses before even attempting the work what will it be like & for how many months will it take to do the repairs. Just my .02 cents, but with that dealer sounds like this summer camping season will be totally lost with one excuse after another.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your reply. We do not intend to let the dealer repair, but will hold them accountable until other arraignments are in place. Crossroads delayed reply may be from taking some time to deal with that. Not a great design and mfg errors certainly appear to be the root cause. Advise to others that have the Schwintek in wall slide out, if it doesn't travel smoothly beware and have it checked.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

The water damage was probably the beginning of the issue - was for us. You can look at some of my old posts. We had allot of "dings" on ours when they were done. After the modifications and repairs were made the slide has not given us any problems.

The slide will need to come out of the trailer to perform the repairs. The dealer is probably not looking forward to the repair job.

Good luck - time for our repairs/modifications-
year one - trailer as at the dealer from Sept. to Dec.
year two - trailer was at the dealer from Oct to Dec.

CrossRoads was allot of help but the dealer was very slow.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your reply. Actually it appears the miss alignment of the rail(s) caused the slide to not seat properly allowing water in. It was on the dealer's lot for about a year and the water damage apparently occurred during that time. Additionally, there are some adhesion problems between the wood and the outside skin. Fortunately that's being remedied during the repair. Unfortunately, we should have not taken delivery as the problem was somewhat apparent, however I assumed it was an alignment problem and could be corrected with adjustment. Sometimes too much experience in the RV world can get you in trouble. After seeing how the slide should operated normally on a friends Cruiser, it became obvious there was more to overcome. Fortunately the dealer and Crossroads are working with a third party to complete the repair. Ain't it fun!
Old 05-16-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfritz View Post
Thanks for your reply. Actually it appears the miss alignment of the rail(s) caused the slide to not seat properly allowing water in. It was on the dealer's lot for about a year and the water damage apparently occurred during that time. Additionally, there are some adhesion problems between the wood and the outside skin. Fortunately that's being remedied during the repair. Unfortunately, we should have not taken delivery as the problem was somewhat apparent, however I assumed it was an alignment problem and could be corrected with adjustment. Sometimes too much experience in the RV world can get you in trouble. After seeing how the slide should operated normally on a friends Cruiser, it became obvious there was more to overcome. Fortunately the dealer and Crossroads are working with a third party to complete the repair. Ain't it fun!
We had noted the problem during delivery too - slide would not go in properly and the shop had to increase the torque to get it to work. Turns out it was only partially sealed at the factory and that caused the water intrusion. Your may have had the same problem during initial construction. Ours was on the lot for about 4 months before we purchased it.

What worked for us is to deal directly with a CrossRoads Rep and then work through the dealer. Ours had the 2 year warranty too - good thing we did.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Yes, that same condition has been looked at on mine and questioned. I should have mentioned in my last reply, that Crossroads has been supportive and is working very well in support of correcting the problem on mine. It's obvious that earlier issues on these slide outs have been taken into consideration while my problem(s) was/were identified. Unfortunately the dealer is not cooperating and Crossroads is working around that, but I'm happy with the Crossroads approach to working through that issue and resolving this. I'll post more as the repair continues. Thanks again. Ron
Old 07-26-2017, 05:17 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Unfortunately, we've not resolved any issues surrounding the warranty repair on our Cruiser. It appears Crossroads shipped the parts/materials, paid the dealer in total after approving the warranty repair and after completing part of the repair, the dealer informed us they did not have the capability to complete the repair. Other dealers in our area aren't interested due to part of the repair already accomplished and the fact that they didn't sell the RV to us. Due to Crossroad's requirement that the repair service be connected to their online process, an independent repair operator hasn't been an option. As this has been going on for almost a year now, we've finally given up and decided to pay for the remaining labor ourselves. However, now the dealer, either can't find or won't turn loose of the parts allegedly shipped to them by Crossroads. Our only option has been to hire the employee that originally started the repair at the dealer and now will probably have to purchase the replacement floor materials from Crossroads. Customer service at it's finest.....
Old 07-26-2017, 05:30 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

We were "fortunate" that we purchased it from a large camping world dealer that has lots of space and personnel for all kinds of work. Based upon where you live taking it back to the factory does not seem to be an option. It is a big job removing the slide and re-installing it.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I hope the dealer will fix your slideout, since he's already received authorization and parts to do so. But if he refuses without returning the parts to Crossroads it's theft and Crossroads needs to bring a lawsuit against the dealership. Crossroads certainly has paperwork showing proof of their transaction. Meanwhile, you might want to contact the Texas Attorney General's office.
https://www.txdirectory.com/online/abc/detail.php?id=67
87_Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:05 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Thank you for your reply. It appears the dealer has also received payment for the repair. Unfortunately, we won't trust the dealer who started the repair, to proceed in any manner on our RV. Interestingly the same day, as we were preparing for legal action, we received a reply to our last email to Crossroads, from a retail advisor with Keystone, Dutchman, and Crossroads RV asking for information in order to provide assistance. As you stated, surprising that Crossroads would tolerate dealer actions such as this. So we'll see.