Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am having a problem getting a signal to my bedroom TV. I have read the old post but am totally confused. Can someone explain how they get a satellite signal to the bedroom TV. I want to be able to watch a different program in the bedroomtherefore plan on using two satellite receivers. My bedroom connection has a coax and 12 volt hookup but not aseparate satellite connection like the tv in the living area. Can this be done withthe current setup?

Thanks

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Does your coach have two inputs on the exterior input panel, one for CATV and the other for satellite? Our 2010 CF31QB has those two. The living room TV set up has two antenna jacks, one for cable/amplified antenna TV the other for satellite TV. I have used only the former and have yet to try the satellite side. I was under the impression the bedroom jack is a slave and will output whatever is coming into the coach. My impression sounds incorrect.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

The coax connection in the bedroom will recieve the signal from the antenna or cable tv only. You will have to run another cable for satelite.I would suggest thru the floor.We use one satelite box for both tvs. I purchased a wireless video audio transmitter from X10.com but both tvs have to watch the same program on satellite unless the person in the other room wants to watch regular channels from antenna.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks very much. I have spent too much time trying to figure it out. I didn't want to run another cable if the current set up would work. I'll run another cable. I will probably run it up through the floor from the basement storage area and position it next to the dresser.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Not saying this is the best way to do it, but it's one way. As others have stated, you can purchase an A/V multiswitch (multiple inputs/outputs) available at Radio Shack and possibly WM. Either of these will keep you from having to pull another coax to the front bedroom. Hope this helps. Lynn

Oops, see there are a couple of lines missing, buthopefully you get the picture.Edited by: Cobra909

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote