Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I am about to have a new black tank back flush spray head install in our 2010 CF29CK. The factory one failed and needs to be replaced. I have seen threads on the "Tornado Rotary Flush Rinser" and wondered if any one has experience with them. Research on the product has shown lots of problems with the head breaking or will not spin. Any advice on product would be appreciated. One problem with this area is enough

bawjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I installed one on my Laredo that my wife capsized a year later with my F250 diesel. It dose not miracles. kThe best thing is the rotary cleaner connected to the hose that you insert in the toilet; it cleans so good that the level sender works again like new. kBut my 30ft cruiser has the sewage pipe too long and with too many elbows to get to the bottom of the black tank. Filling the toilet bowl to the rim and flushing in one shot helps to move what is left in the bottom of the tank. You do this till clean water flows after a flush. it may take ten times. KGood luck.
denism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I've got one on mine. It works pretty good. It's really all about placement in the tank.

2006 GMC 2500HD CC D/A LBZ

Sold 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC 8.1 3.73

B&W Turnover Ball Hitch with Companion
jgerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have had mine for 3 years with no problems.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the replies. Managed to have the plastic welded and used the original flush valve. Think when I get back from Arizona next spring will install a Swan Industries "jet" head in place of the factory one. Swan makes the vacuum back flow valve that is installed at the factory

bawjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:44 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I have had a tornado for three years using it 6 months out of the year and it is a great tool !!! When I installed it I lined it up where the matter lands out of the toilet in the tankso it rotationally blasts away anything that would or could contribute to a dreaded pyramid. I also have the factory unit that is mounted where the exit pipe leaves the tank to breakup bottlenecks of you know what..I use a wye hose connection so I can use both units alternately as wanted when dumping....IMHO