Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We have a model year 2010 CT30QBX. The glass in one of the cabinet doors just dropped out this morning due to the glue coming loose. Luckily my wife caught it.

We just wanted to let you all know so you can check your doors also and possibly prevent your glass from getting broken. I think I am going to look into little plastic corner braces that would attach with very small screws so in the event another one comes loose, it won't drop when the door is opened.

I just found these. Something on the order of this design, or similar can prevent a problem

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11269

http://www.cabinetmakerssupply.com/g..._3608_prd1.htm

dc

Edited by: drcook

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Every camper I have owned with glass doors has had the same issue. The manufacturers seem to use a hot melt type adhesive and it does not bond very well.

First thing I do is apply a generous bead of good silicone adhesive to all glass and mirror door panels. Glad you don't have to look for a replacement.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

the hardware store had some window screen wing clips for cheap. they don't actually touch the glass but provide enough security now, that if they come loose again, they cannot drop out

Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

For some reason this has been ongoing for several years now . They should correct the problem in the cabinet shop,either change procedure or employee . It appears as the person doing the siliconing is going to fast so you then get a tube line with no connection between both sides. It sure seems as if it would be a simple job at the factory but add it to the continuing quality control issues at least Cruiser is having regularly.. Too bad as the potential for this line is great and it once was there,but not if & when you continue to shoot your self in the foot..My 04 paradise did not have this problem but many models since have had. If you know anyone with a newer model in the crossroads line to check theirs and a cheap tube of clear silicone will fix them all quickly and securely..JMHO jb
Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Go to a hardware store for the small glass brad retainers or clips.

As John mentioned, this has been a issue since my 2008 (bought in 2007). The Cruiser line use to get very few posts about reoccurring quality issues but they seem to be on a run lately. I hope CR refocuses the team on quality not quantity soon.... Cruiser got to where it is on reputation not by saturating the market with crap products like "other" brands.....

Just my two cents.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I also used silicon to secure my glass in the doors. I noticed it came loose a little and I caught it before any of them came outand then just siliconed all of them in. Its been 2-3 years and they havent had any problems since and was a quick and easy fix. Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I also resiliconed mine while repairing it. The 4 retainers were $1.49. I had to carefull drill the screw holes using masking tape wrapped around the drill bit to make a poor man's stop collar, but for that $1.49 per piece of glass and 10 minutes time per door, the glass can never hit the floor now even if the silicon dries up and comes loose again.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I replaced the three doors with new ones bought through Crossroads. No more glass to worry about and they are an exact match. I think they were about $20 each.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

One of my pieces of glass fell out when my wife opened a door over my head. Could have been a real pain (no pun intended) if the corner had lodged in my head. I used the little plastic hanger mounts for wall mirrors on each door. Got them at Lowes and while they work good wish I had known about the ones listed above.

pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote