Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I'm installing a camera on the rear of our cf335ss. Iwill be running the cable under the trailer. I would like to be able to run the cable into a front compartment and come out the

pinbox like the trailer plug in wiring is routed.

Anyone have any suggestions on this? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2012 cf 335 ss

2011 F350 4X4 Superduty

Terra -cairn terrier
vickark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I did this mod last year and also ran the wiring under the 5er. I dropped the "belly" and ran my wiring entirely inside. when I got up to the front I just drilled a hole into the front storage compartment where the big access door is near the tailgate. If you are looking straight into the storage bay it is in the bottom left hand corner of the metal "wall" that is the rear of that storage area (don't know if this makes sense or not). I then ran the wire up the wall and over to the center of the front of that storage compartment. I then removed the screws that hold the trim to the rearof the opening where thepinbox comes through and ran a fishtapefrom the rear of the pinboxback towards the storage area. I was then easy to pull the camera wiring back through to the pinbox. I just used a few zip ties to hold the camera wire to the umbilical and I was set. I did do a couple of things to protect the wiring from abrasion. I put a rubber grommet in the hole I drilled in the rear of the storage bay to protect the wiring and I put a length of rubber tubing around it where it came out between the trim and the pinbox frame because when I screwed the the trim back in place it put moderate pressure on the wire and I didn't want it to rub through. I have pics that I could pm to you if you want. I would post them but I am absolutely swamped right now and a pm would be

quicker for me.

Good luck,

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Chuck, thanks so much for the info. I'm going out to the storage area this morning to look it over. I want to keep the wiring inside , especially in the front area. I'm planning on running it all thru some automotive type split conduit.

I appreciate the help

2012 cf 335 ss

2011 F350 4X4 Superduty

Terra -cairn terrier
Old 05-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Chuck, your info was a godsend. Worked great. I was able to drill a hole in the storage area and i ran a fish tape toward the pin box. After 5 or 6 tries i finally saw the tape come out beside the pinbox. This was the only part that worried me- now it's over with. Now i just have to pop out one of the several pop-outs in the storage compartment to run on back to the cam. I'm thinking of tie-wrapping the cam wire to the inside ladder rung. I hope this works ok.

Thanks for the help.

2012 cf 335 ss

2011 F350 4X4 Superduty

Terra -cairn terrier
Old 05-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Good deal! Glad it worked.
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote