Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #1
New Camper

Can't Find My Converter

I have a 2013 Cross Roads Cruiser. I think the converter is acting up. I am on a 50 amp connection. The converter doesn't seem to put out enough power to keep the battery charged or run the lights. I want to check it out but I can't find it! This is so frustrating. I am expecting to find a converter box with a fan. I took the beaker/fuse box out and there is nothing back there. I can't find a vent any where either. Does any one know where the converter box is????
RonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Tell us what model your Cruiser is.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 09:22 PM   #3
Site Team

It helps to know the model of Cruiser you have but in general it is either located in the bottom of your power center/ fuse / breaker box or it will be a stand alone / deck mount. You will need to follow the 2 sets of large gauge wires should be 10 gauge or bigger. One set goes from the fuse panel to the converter and the other set goes to the battery. Usually they will be black and white.

On my Cruiser it was part of the power center but on my Seville it is a deck mount. Both are 5th wheels. The one in my Seville is behind a wall in the basement that you have to remove to access it. You may just have to trace the wires to find it. Usually but not always it is not too far from the power center.

If you bought this used than if the previous owner re-engineered it it could be anywhere. Start with following the wires.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:11 PM   #4
New Camper

Missing converter 2013 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot

Its the Patriot model. I can't find the converter. Why would they hide it???
RonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:26 PM   #5
Site Team

It is not hid it just is not out in plain site. Where is your power center located in the camper? As I stated it may be in the basement storage behind a wall that you remove to access it. You have a Cruiser Patriot but what model is it? This helps us to help you research your problem. The more info you provide the better we can help.
Old 12-16-2022, 06:21 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

2012 Patriot here. The converter is behind a piece of fastened paneling under the shallow cupboards to the left of the stairway to the bedroom. That panel will sometimes feel warm and sometimes you can hear the converter fan. I unfastened the panel, put the new unit in, added some vents to the panel since it was totally enclosed and does make heat, and screwed the panel back on. It would be nice if they gave us build sheets of some sort. Ours is out of the area in storage or I could send a photo, sorry.
Tom Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Under the stairs. Access from the cargo compartment. Removable panel.
davidfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:20 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Mine is under the steps. Reached from the storage compartment after removing an access panel.
davidfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 11:06 AM   #9
New Camper

Converter box

Could someone please help me. I'm trying to find converter box on a 2005 crossroads paradise pointe 31mf
Jenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 05:21 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn10 View Post
Could someone please help me. I'm trying to find converter box on a 2005 crossroads paradise pointe 31mf
First look in the power distribution center. If it is there it would be at the bottom and to see it you would need to remove the front cover. Second if it has a stand alone deck mount converter it could be anywhere. The most popular place would be in the basement storage behind a removable panel/wall.

Tags
battery, converter, converter location, location