Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #1

I owne a new 2011 cruiser Cf30es fifth wheel. When I remove the access plug to hookup hoses and cable it leaves the big hole exposed which could let mice ect. into the cargo storage area. My previous camper had a seperate cargo area for hookups and it was seperate from other main cargo storage areas. Does anyone have any sugestions for enclosing the area or modifing the plug to only have a opening for the water hose and TV cable.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I seen a mod like that somewhere on here a while ago... I can't seem to find it now but maybe someone else knows.... Take a look, I remember seeing one!!!!

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I use a 2" thick piece of foam that came out of a packing box for our new washing machine. Just cut it round and slightly larger than the hole. Cut a slice from the center to the edge and make a small hole in the center (at the end of the slot) that the cord will fit into tightly. Just slide the foam over the cord and work down into the hole. No gaps.

I use a fish fillet knive to cut the foam. An electric knife will also work.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Site Team

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow"><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">

Here is a link to what I did.
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=887

</td></tr></tr></t></table>

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I stuff a rag in it after my hose and cable are run. Simple, cheap, effectiveseems best to me.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsc01q
I stuff a rag in it after my hose and cable are run. Simple, cheap, effectiveseems best to me.
Ever have a critter pull that rag outta the hole?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #7

Ok so here's what I ended up doing.

(1) I took 1/4 flat black plastic and cut two 4 inch circles.

(2)I took a piece of 1/8 inch thick intertube and cut a 4 inch circle the same size as the plastic circles.

(3)I took the two plastic circles clamped them together and drilled two 1/2 holes and one 1 1/2 holes all the way through both pieces.

(4)I marked the two pieces on the side so I could line them back up later.

(5)I then used silicon on both inner plastic circles and sandwiched the intertube between them; being careful to get all the holes lined up with the marks.

(6)I let that bond for about an hour.

(7)I removed the acess top plug from the storage area and laid it to the side.

(8)I placed the bonded pieces in the bottom of the storage access hole; which already had a 1 inch plastic ledge around the bottom.

(9)I then siliconed it thickly down around the edges on the top and underneath the camper on the bottom;and let it set up over night.

(10)The next morning I used a 1/2 utility knife and cut an X in all three holes through the intertube.

(Finished)The two smaller holes are for coax/phone cable, and the larger one is for a water hose. Works great and I can still use the top cap plug inside the cargo area to shut off the area when not in use. Deputydog

Edited by: Deputydog
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I went to the rvsupply store and bought a replacement electrical cord inlet cover that mounts on the side of the camper. I cut the back part off with a hacksaw and installed it upside down from the bottom with the hinge facing the front. The little sliding door closes around the hose nicely. You can still use your original cap on top.

I am having problems downloading pictures but will try again
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote