Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi all, new member here.

We are looking at the Crossroad models as we may be upgrading to a different fifth wheel this spring. We currently have a Keystone Cougar 29RKS.

We are looking into the 30qb because of the bunk option.

I would appreciate any input from current Crossroad owners, and especially owners with this model. Likes/dislikes....

Thanks
user_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have been very happy with our 30QB. We went with this unit because of the huge rear storage that can accommodate 2 adult mountain bikes and a pizza oven or the kids bikes and pizza oven plus. We also like this unit because the kids can be sleeping in the back and we can come in and out without waking them due to the solid door. This would be tougher on the 31QB.

We have pulled our unit between 10 and 15k over the past 4 years and it has held up well, besides 2 axle issues. My understanding and research has shown that Lippert had / has some bad axles out there.

What I wish the unit had is a completely enclosed bath room versus just a stool room, 16" tires / rims, 50 AMP service (never enough juice), and maybe the lounge seating arrangement instead of the traditional couch / table arrangement.

Otherwise, given the price point and service we have had from this trailer and Crossroads we have been completely pleased and would look to CR for our next unit.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01
We have been very happy with our 30QB. We went with this unit because of the huge rear storage that can accommodate 2 adult mountain bikes and a pizza oven or the kids bikes and pizza oven plus. We also like this unit because the kids can be sleeping in the back and we can come in and out without waking them due to the solid door. This would be tougher on the 31QB.

We have pulled our unit between 10 and 15k over the past 4 years and it has held up well, besides 2 axle issues. My understanding and research has shown that Lippert had / has some bad axles out there.

What I wish the unit had is a completely enclosed bath room versus just a stool room, 16" tires / rims, 50 AMP service (never enough juice), and maybe the lounge seating arrangement instead of the traditional couch / table arrangement.

Otherwise, given the price point and service we have had from this trailer and Crossroads we have been completely pleased and would look to CR for our next unit.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm curious as to what axle problems you had, and if they have been fixed on the newer models?

Is there room in the fender wells to upgrade to 16" tires and wheels?

Have you ever weighed your unit to know exactly what it's weight is? Are the published weights accurate?

Thanks for your help.
user_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We have the 2010 30QB. 16" rims were an option so yes, they will fit. Wish ours had them as the 15 tire is limited. We went though axle alignment issues but CR and Lippert were extremely quick to take care of it. My gripe would be the step in the master bedroom. I understand the new model has a flat floor. That would be nice. But all things considered, we looked at a LOT of campers. Bang for the buck the Cruiser is hard to beat. I don't think you can go too far astray buying a CR product. Fit/finish is better than most. Also, we do have the Trail-air suspension and like it!

2010 Cruiser 30QB

2010 Dodge Ram MegaCab 2500

6.7L Cummins

Huskey 16K Dual Pivot Slider

Sandy, Utah

RKCRWLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name

I'm curious as to what axle problems you had, and if they have been fixed on the newer models?

Is there room in the fender wells to upgrade to 16" tires and wheels?

Have you ever weighed your unit to know exactly what it's weight is? Are the published weights accurate?

Thanks for your help.

The axle isse was a complete seperationfrom the mounting bracket, the axle was resting / riding on the leaf spring, due to the u-bolts coming loose within the first 700 miles (including delivery to the dealer). We then experienced the same issue on the same axlethis past fall, I noticed the square mounting plates were collapsing. Lippert covered about 55% of the cost 3 years later. If you search on the forum you will see were others had this very same issue on the rear axle. Search either Lippert or axle.

Never weighted the unit. But, being we don't carry any water and really don't carry anything other than the basic for a weekend. I feel pretty confident I'm well below the 3400lb capacity.

My understanding 16" wheels are available now. If I had the $$ I would replace without questions. 16" allows a lot more options for tires (LT, ST) from the BIG GUYS.

As for the bedroom height.. This isn't an issue and both the DW and I are 6ft. We just get dressed between the stool room and shower. I also prefer the lower over all trailer height. Completely personal preference.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote