Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Out camping for a long weekend and got ready to come home this morning and the sofa/dining slide out in our CF32CK would not come in. Tried to bring in manually, but no go. Everything turns but no movement. Motor turns, gears turn, just won't come in. Luckily, camping just across from us was an RV technician who was gracious enough to come over and help out. Wound up having to completely remove the shaft that activates the slide because it seems to be twisted off inside. Taking to the dealer on Tuesday for repairs. Anyone have similar issues??

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
New Camper

We have a 2010 CF30QB and went to pack for our camping trip this weekend and the Sofa/dining slide won't go in or out. Same thing was happening motor turned, gears turning but won't go in or out. My husband tried to manually crank it out and broke the mechanism that is used to crank it. He also tried to remove the motor to see if that was bad but could not get it off. We will be taking it to a dealer after the weekend and unless a miracle happens using it with the slide in for the long weekend which just STINKS. I can't say I am happy that the kids will need to climb in the bike door to get to their bedroom all weekend. (We have teen age girls so you can only imaging what we are hearing from them about it.) I would love to know what was actually wrong with your camper. It might help my husband with his problem solving and maybe we could make the slide usable.
Thanks,
Nancy
indigo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Nancy, sorry you are having similar problems, too. It does stink!! The dealer had to order a whole new actuator assembly. It appears thatthe bracket that holds the drive shaft in place was bent from the factory and has been applying side pressure, which eventually caused the driveshaft to twist off. I think the only way your slide would be usable, would be to completely remove the shaft assembly, motor & gearbox, then you could manually push the slide out and then back in. You would just have to secure it before traveling. Hope this helps. Paul

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
New Camper

We just dropped the rig off at the dealer...he seemed to think at first sight it may be the motor clutch has gone out. He did show us how to manually over ride the motor and crank it out a different way than we were shown when we picked up the unit. We will know for sure in the morning if we have the same issue you did. (It is interesting that you would say that the drive shaft was bent...my husband said he noticed that something looked bent....) Did you end up pay for the factory mistake? Just wondering...I have had campers that have paid for their mistakes after the warranty others have not. Thanks for the response.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

What was the different way he showed you to manually open and close the slide. That could be important to others if they have similar problems.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
New Camper

Our shaft was also broken or bent too...most likely from the factory because I don't know how else it would have happened. We are VERY careful not to step or let anyone else on the slide when it is in. The dealer did set us up for the weekend so we could use it but said he needed to adjust it further and asked us to return the unit for further adjustment. He has the rig now to do that. He also said we most likely won't need new parts or at least he did not think so.

As for the alternate way to open the slide you need to get under the slide and there is a square bar that you can turn with a long handle wrench. This will open or close the slide should the other method from the front break or become unusable. (which our's did) We have an early 2010 model. Hope this helps someone else.

Edited by: indigo345

2010 CF30QB
Old 06-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

had same problem with our 2011 320CK acuator went out on living room slide and the kitchen slide started acting up so is now at this time getting a new acuator installed in it also

nova52356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
New Camper

Dealer did clean and lubricate everything after installing a new shaft. It is working now however if it happens again we are looking at a new motor. Which could set us back as much as 500 with labor. Hopefully that won't happen for a while.

2010 CF30QB
Old 06-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

sounds like problem we have with our sunset trail 29RL. Motor clicks but no movement. manual crank broke -what a flimsy thing. even shaft under slide will not turn. Dealer will see it Tuesday. I've had suggestions from bell stuck[??] broken gear, actuator....

Posting under Zinger with similar problem. A few suggestions posted there.
ST29RL

https://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...unsettrail.jpg
icefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

We wound up getting a new actuator (complete) from Lippert and installed by our dealer under warranty. Dealer said he has never seen one break in the open position. After it broke, we tried closing the slide by turning the square cross bar, but with the actuator shaft broken, that didn't work either. We are back in business now.

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Glad to hear that the repairs went well and you are back to camping.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
New Camper

I see that I'm not the only one having an issue with one of the slideouts on my CrossRoads TT. And I can't believe the cheap manual bar\tube that they install in these things. We're supposed to be heading out on Vacation this next Wednesday, but unless my dealer has parts in stock, I doubt if it's gonna happen. I've even tried turning the square rod between the rollers underneath, but the it won't budge.

2008 Ford F150 4x4 with 6" lift and 35" tires.

Equalizer hitch with anti-sway bars.
TXWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Good information in these posts.....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
Seasonal Camper

Our living room slide was making an awful noise when going out or being brought back in. It also would not start to move with the first press of the button. We'd have to "bump" it in or out to get it started.
Last week we were at the Crossroads factory and Randy got it all fixed up. They made some adjustment underneath to make it so it would start moving with the first press of the button and they sprayed a bunch of light lubricant (I didn't get the brand) onto the brackets where the horizontal drive shaft goes through. I asked Randy about using lubricant and he said it was OK on the bearing surfaces but not on the drive gear tracks.
The noise is gone and once again we are happy Cruiser campers

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
New Camper

Not quite that severe, but our Cruiser has been in three times for the slides not sealing and bad seals. Good Luck!
susanjolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Susanjolson, just a suggestion, but depending on where you live in Wisconsin you might not be that much farther from the factory service center in Topeka, Indiana. With that much trouble I would consider making an appointment at the service center and have Randy Mischler and his crew make the repairs. They are a great bunch and will fix it.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 07-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
New Camper

Well that would be great and I would do that. However, emails to several "managers" and the president of the company have yielded nothing but a canned response from a customer service rep.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

I believe the service center basically operates as a separate unit. Before I gave up I would call Randy and get him a list of your problems. They have taken good care of many different problems to most everyones satisfaction. Just trying to help.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 07-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
New Camper

Thanks for your help. We are just so disappointed in this unit. Our dealer is doing their best. If they can't help us this time (we have a severe leak somewhere in the unit and when we got home our carpet was soaked), we may have to take the unit and sit outside the manufacturing facilities!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

Not sure where you live but I have had good service with DeHaan in Elkhorn WI. Or as others have suggested Factory Service.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote