Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone taken delivery on one of these yet? Wanting to know what you think or of it. Going to look at one this weekend. I have a 29RE now. We like the side bath. The wife wants the fireplace this time. Got to keep them happy. Thanks for you input.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Took delivery of ours in December and love it !! Especially the fireplace and island in the kitchen. Another plus is the side bath which is accessable from the bedroom or hall. Lots of storage outside and inside.Especially like the Intellijack system and remote control for all three slides, awning and stabilizers. Took it to Florida last month with no problems and have about 2,700 miles on it now. Will be at the Rally in Kerrville next month.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I got mine last Saturday! I bought it from Topper's outside Houston ( wonderful folks!) which is a couple hours from my home. No problem pulling, although the panel above the driver side wheel well seemed to shake a lot and the wheel well trim loosened to the point that I could see it vibrate in my side mirror. I tightened the front screw, which had loosened, and that took care of that until I got home and secured it better. The panel on that long slide is two piece and I was surprised there was no brace above the wheels or under the front half of the panel.

Other than that, everything seems fine with it. I really like the floor plan and was impressed with the amount of storage. I will be camping in it in a couple of weeks and will get a better feel for it.
JimmyCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Thanks guys for the input. We like the floor plans also. We are taking a 4 hour drive to go see one this weekend. Want to see before the trade.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Best RV got a 335SS last week so my wife and I checked it out on Saturday. The exceptionally wide staircase entrance is a far more attractive feature than you'd suspect from floorplans and on-line photos/videos. It makes the RV seem much larger. I strongly recommend personal inspection of the 335SS.

My wife also loves the outside handrail on the stairs. IMO the inside of the staircase, next to the door, will be a great place to store shoes & slippers for changes when coming inside, to minimize tracking of dirt inside. It is also nice for the bath to have entries from both the hall and bedroom.

Overallthe 335SSis a very livable design. My wife thinks it is more than we need for vacation use, which is true but I really need its bedroom nightstand for my BiPap and humidifier. KZ and Forest River now offer comparable vacation-market 5th wheels (Durango 2500 & Wildcat Sterling edition respectively) with similar nightstands, but none have the impact the Cruiser 335SS stair entrance provides.

The hall closet would be a great place for a stackable washer/drier if Crossroads will put the plumbing and air exhaust for washer/drier preparation there. It would be very easy to slightly enlarge a Cruiser 335SS into a Rushmore or even Seville model.

Theonly minor quibble I have with the 335SS , based on 30 minutes inspection, is that its living room airbed/couch has reverted to medium-height armrests. Those are simply too high for me to rest my head on while lying down. The armrests on all Keystone Montanas and Laredos couches I checked out last fall were all at close to ideal heights for my head when lying down on them. Cruiser couch armrests were too high in 2010 models, got lower enough on the 2011 models, and now are back up too highin the 335SS.

But this is fixable - I can get my own couch. I know Crossroads changes the furniture for whoever the current low bidder is, but such constant changes will probably get me to order a model without any furniture when I buy.

What is more serious is that there is no emergency exit in the bedroom of the 335SS I saw. The front section emergency window exit is in the hallway across from the bathroom, right at the top of the staircase.

That would be a mortal threat in a fire emergency, because it would be necessary to open the bedroom door to exposure from toxic gases from a fire in the main area (notably the mid-section kitchen) to get out of the RV. Burning plastics in an RV fire create incredibly poisonous gases, because of their higher concentration relative to stick house fires. This can cause really serious lung injuries even if they aren't fatal, and also make you unconscious much faster. Try dragging an unconscious spouse a few feet through a hot, dark, poisonous soup while being careful not to inhale.

There might as well not be any front section emergency exit at all. It would be fastergetting out by the exterior door because that is almost as close to the bedroom, and much easier to get out of than a window exit.

I don't know if the 335SS emergency exit location meets applicable codes, but it certainly does give Crossroads significant legal liability exposure in a fire personal injury/wrongful death action based on design defects, and this is within my professional knowledge from 30+ years as a civil litigator.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We looked at the 335ss this weekend and really liked the setup. One thing I don't like is the ledge in the kitchen where the slide on the floor is. The other thing is the water fill. The fill is about the same height as the tank. Owned one on them slow filling spitting things and hated it. And yes the window thing in the bedroom is not good as it was dark in there. Liked everything else. The wife didn't find anything wrong until you purchase it and camp in it for awhile. Really like the floorplan and is open.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
Old 03-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

cruzinfools,

That is a good point about the water filling level.

The bedroom window issue could be fixed by moving the three-drawer dressing cabinet presently centered opposite the beda few inches to theRV rear, directly next to the bathroom. That would open up more space between the cabinet and the front right corner wardrobe for a much higher, and somewhat wider, window which would be large enough to serve as an emergency exit.

This would also free up space above the cabinet from the present too-small windowfor a vanity or a small wall-mounted bedroom television. For that matter, the present front right corner wardrobe could be turned into the clothes cabinet, as there is enough wardrobe space otherwise given both the big front bedroom& hall wardrobes, and the three-drawer cabinet turned into a small bedroom electric fireplace with televison above. Thevery similar new Forest River WildcatSterling edition 29MK offers a bedroom cabinet in that postion with a wardrobe below and a small fireplace on top.

TheWildcat 29MK also hasa large emergency exit bedroomwindow in the position I recommend for a revision to Cruiser CF335SS, so there do not appear to be significant frame stressissueswith a bigger right front side window closer to the pinbox.Edited by: Tom Holsinger
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote