Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #21
New Camper

Just took delivery of our 355BL on Wednesday.The upper bunk is raeted for 250lbs. On the way home, 75 miles, the rear shade pulled out of the wall on one side.No biggie, assembler just missed the stud.
Oh my goodness is that couch heavy. Also noticed the kitchen side is a little out of adjustment when in.Probably not enough to matter, I'll adjust it because I'm anal and it would drive me nuts knowing it's not perfect.
Here is my concern, last night as the wife was loading it up, my son put his hand on the sofa seat cousion to get up and it ripped.It ripped front to back between the seams about 5 inches long, straight as an arrow.The wife was watching when it happen, so we're certain it wasn't his doing.
She's going to call CR today.Let's see how they react?Did not expect this from a $50k trailer. Edited by: 31dirtracer
31dirtracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
That's some super strength must have ate his Wheaties!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31dirtracer
Just took delivery of our 355BL on Wednesday.The upper bunk is raeted for 250lbs. On the way home, 75 miles, the rear shade pulled out of the wall on one side.No biggie, assembler just missed the stud.
Oh my goodness is that couch heavy. Also noticed the kitchen side is a little out of adjustment when in.Probably not enough to matter, I'll adjust it because I'm anal and it would drive me nuts knowing it's not perfect.
Here is my concern, last night as the wife was loading it up, my son put his hand on the sofa seat cousion to get up and it ripped.It ripped front to back between the seams about 5 inches long, straight as an arrow.The wife was watching when it happen, so we're certain it wasn't his doing.
She's going to call CR today.Let's see how they react?Did not expect this from a $50k trailer.
I'm jealous, we have the CF32BL which is the older model of this camper and love it. Everyone at campgrounds always stop and ask what the skinny slide is for. We went through your model at a factory tour I really liked it, but the master bedroom seemed kinda of small compared to ours. If we were in the market for a new one your model would probably be the one we went with. Good luck with it and keep us posted on how if holds up and how you like it.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

31dirtracer:

Welcome to the forum and the CrossRoads family. Check out the Texas Rally being planned for April 2014 at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Just took delivery of our 355BL on Wednesday.

I'm curious. Does your model have OSB floors or plywood? I just saw a video on-line for theCF37BHthat was just posted by a dealer5 days ago and the shot of the front storage revealed OSB above the aluminum floor studs. I would assume then that OSB is now throughout the Cruiser floors based on the video.

I did notice that the Standards have been changed to read "decking" instead of plywood. Whereas the Patriot still states plywood. But I wonder if that is outdated information or there are distinct construction differences between the three branches of the "Cruiser" line.
Edited by: BDLuke
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDLuke

Quote:
Just took delivery of our 355BL on Wednesday.

I'm curious. Does your model have OSB floors or plywood? I just saw a video on-line for theCF37BHthat was just posted by a dealer5 days ago and the shot of the front storage revealed OSB above the aluminum floor studs. I would assume then that OSB is now throughout the Cruiser floors based on the video.

I did notice that the Standards have been changed to read "decking" instead of plywood. Whereas the Patriot still states plywood. But I wonder if that is outdated information or there are distinct construction differences between the three branches of the "Cruiser" line.
I just watched the video myself, I was unaware they made a model like this. Looked pretty nice, however I didn't like there was no room to get out of bed next to the window. Appeared to be a ton of storage. I to noticed the OSB I wonder if they went to that due to price or if there is an advantage to having your floor made out of OSB, but over all I liked it.[TUBE]GeWlj3_uAeg[/TUBE]

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

That would be a disappointing change, the Cruiser line has always featured T&G plywood. With that said, if they went to the engineered decking in the upper level of the floor I could speculate that it was to eliminate a common "squeaking" complaint of Cruisers in the upper deck. I hope the base flooring in the main living area is still T&G.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I remember at last years rally that on the tour I noticed the lower level was one sheet of T&G Plywood but the bedroom was OSB. Not sure of the reason, wish I would have asked now...sorry.

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #29
New Camper

I'm not sure if it's T&G on the main floor.I do know that there is a squeak just to the right of the door that is driving me crazy! I'm the only one who steps on it, even when I try to miss it. Don't know if it would be worth the hassle of having it fixed.

CR denied the claim to replace the seat cushion that ripped. The dealer told us to call CR, that we'ed get better results.The wife left a message on Monday with no responds. I left another message this morning.If I don't hear back by 2, I'm calling again but not agreeing to leave a message.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #30
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's T&G on the main floor.

Are you saying then that the upper level floor is OSB? You can determine what material is used for the main floor by removing a heat register. There may be duct tape (I hope there is) covering the joint of the duct to the floor. Just peel it back enough to see if you have plywood or OSB.

My 2006 didn't have enough duct tape to seal anything well and I re-taped all my heat and AC ducts. Afterward I had much better air flow.

Not sure how to help with the squeaky spot. Does it squeak as you step off the entry steps onto the vinyl flooring? Could your steps be pulling the floor down when bearing weight? My entry door floor does flex some as the step assembly is partiallybolted to the floor and not the frame.A leveling jack under the step frame takes the stress off the floor.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
You are in a hard place knowing there isn't another layout like the 355BL on the market. Hunter11 raises some good questions - I'm battling the same concerns as I've looked at replacing my Class C with a towable. I keep going back and forth on brands - the problem is Crossroads has moved the needle on the new Cruisers to have a list of mid $50's. That's a lot of coin for a unit.

The problem with that price is there are plenty of products on the market who've refused to adopt the Lippert in-wall slides and still offer a standard (or optional) 2nd year warranty. Luckily for you Idid a Google search and the 355BL seems to still have the traditional slide mechanism's. If I were to order this unit, I'd want to call CR first and ensure they haven't made any mid-run changes to the new slides.Most of the CR Csuier lineup uses theLippert in-wall for the bedroom slide.

Best of luck.

MikeI don't know in your area but around us with a volume dealer 25% to 30 % off of list price is not uncommon! I am not sure but most of our retail cars and rv dealers "used" to print their own window stickers so it was a chess game to get to a fair compromise. Jmho Jb
Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #32
Full Time Camper

Hi John, I'm speaking MSRP only - when I bought my Cruiser the MSRP's were in the upper 30's. If you really hit the options hard you might crack 40K. Now, when I look online all is see is Cruiser's with MSRP's of 50K. Even deducting the standard discount the price has crept a lot over the past 5 years. Not sure, based on my reading, if that's reflective of the product being produced.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

I am disapointed in the sales follow up under contact us now. I e mailed then the first or 2 of Feb. to ask about colors inside and a brochure on the new CF355BL to this date I have not received any response. I e mailed another manufacture Last Monday inquiring about one of their units, and had a response from them the next day.Is there anyone home at CrossRoads????????
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #34
Full Time Camper

It doesn't seem like anyone is home Frank. Must be to busy with new customers to worry about repeat customers.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Email doesn't seem to get a reply. I called after getting no response and they were as helpful as you could ask for. They then emailed me the info I was looking for. Give them a call.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #36
New Camper

Good news...after 6 phone calls, with no return calls. CR is sending a replacment cushion cover. They thought we wanted the couch replaced! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> </v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></vath><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>
Just returned from the maiden voyage…2.5 hour one way pull…5 days. No new issues!! </v:></v:shape>
And she was used as a community bathroom for 3 families. Had to dump the black 3 times, girls sure do go to the bathroom alot. </v:></v:shape>

I was unable to get the kitchen slide adjusted. The right end is tight both in and out. I was unable to get the left side to be tight both in and out. I adjusted to get the in position tighter so that no rain could get in while closed up. When out the you can put you push you hand between the seal and the wall. Thinking the slide, itself, isn't square???

We had a golf boal size hail storm last night while I was at work. Wife didn’t see any damage on the car.Hopefully the same holds true forthe trailer

Old 03-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #37
New Camper

Found this thread and you guys in my hunt for the "perfect" 5th. We are changing from a HTT to a 5th and are looking for bunkhouses. I find the 355BL to be very interesting. Any additional thoughts for a Crossroads newbie? I have a Jayco now, also have been looking at the many FR products. Will be doing some reading here. Thanks.
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_trainer

Found this thread and you guys in my hunt for the "perfect" 5th. We are changing from a HTT to a 5th and are looking for bunkhouses. I find the 355BL to be very interesting. Any additional thoughts for a Crossroads newbie? I have a Jayco now, also have been looking at the many FR products. Will be doing some reading here. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of very qualified people on here that can give you their take on Crossroads products (I'm probably not one of them ).I certainly can't speak for everyone and their experiences, butI'll give you my impressions on the model I have which is a 2009 Cruiser CF32BL.

The CF255BL is the replacement for the CF32BL. The lounge part of the layout is definitely different from mine, but the bunkroom and bedroom are essentially the same.

I would say the quality of the construction of my Cruiser is very good. The floors are true plywood and not OSB. The aluminum studs in the walls are connected at the tops/bottoms with L brackets and screws vs. welds (aluminum weldscan crack and break).

My list of issues isn't long, but here are some things that I've had to repair and some things stilloccuringsince I got my RV (I purchased it new)
(1) On our first trip, I sat down at the dinnette and stretched putting pressue on the bench back. This caused the back to come apart. I'm in the construction field, so I rebuilt the dinnette back with construction adhesive and screws/nails. It is sturdy now.
(2)The DVD player that comes with the RV will not longer play DVDs. It's a cheap, off-brand player.
(3)A cabinetdoor above the sofa came apart. I repaired it with glue and some pin nails.
(4) The black tank sensor no longer works (I've tried to flush it, but it still doesn'twork)
(5)One of the GFCI outlets kept tripping. Iisolated the issue to one outlet downstream so I disconnected it until I can further diagnose the problem.

I think the layout is really hard to beat if you have kids. The rear lounge along with a bunk room are very unique. Keep in mind that the bunk beds are not full length (at least on the 32BL they are not...can't speak for the 355BL).

Would I purchase a Crossroads Cruiser again? Maybe/maybe not. I think once our boys get older (and taller) we'll wantlonger bunks for them to sleep on.We still like the RV, but can't imagine paying for a new one (the sticker price really shot up!).
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #39
Full Time Camper

TitansFan, the aluminum frames are all welded now unless something has changed in the last year or so.

Just to edit this, here is a post from 2011 about the "Gorilla Cage" going to welded over screwed and glued for cost savings.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...ing-phased-out

Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #40
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Hi John, I'm speaking MSRP only - when I bought my Cruiser the MSRP's were in the upper 30's. If you really hit the options hard you might crack 40K. Now, when I look online all is see is Cruiser's with MSRP's of 50K. Even deducting the standard discount the price has crept a lot over the past 5 years. Not sure, based on my reading, if that's reflective of the product being produced.

I understand your feelings and do agree but with so many things the same seems to apply in our country today. Dollar savings and a lot of unfortunately workers loosing the dedication for whatever reason..