Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
New Camper

Control Panel hotspot

Hi everyone. Have 2016 Cruiser 365BL. It's been in the shop twice since Feb when we purchased it. A major concern is the temperature of the switches on the control panel. I've complained to the dealer. He Tells me Crossroads says it normal. Several reading this mornings with my digital thermometer. 176 degress F. I have photos. Anyone else experience this.
DAmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

What control panel, refrigerator, where the slide switches/tank sensors are, the bank of light switches? Might need a little more to go on.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
New Camper

Main control panel. Inside the rig.
DAmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Mine's cool. I'd start by removing the panel & check that the connections are all tightly connected, I don't know of anything else that would cause that much heat. Maybe someone that's had that issue will chime in.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We need pictures and we need to understand what is loaded on each switch. Try shutting them off individually till you see a reduction in temp. You can also load test each switch / ammeter in series with the load at switch or use an induction type / clamp on meter . Something could be overloading the switch. Does any particular switch do two or mor functions - such as turn the lights on an Air Cond?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:38 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I have the same issue on my control panel. It's the switches that light up when they are on. I brought it up last time it was in and was told the same thing, that Cruiser says it's normal. But then again, Cruiser said it was normal when my wheel snapped off 6 lugs and went through the side panel!
Old 05-20-2021, 08:56 PM   #7
New Camper

2016 Crossroads Cruiser Aire 27 RL. I have the same issue with very hot blue switches. One failed in 2019. Dealer does not have them. Got a hold of the control panel vendor and they get the switches from another vendor and Thor installs them. I made my way to Positron Corp. out of Indiana. I was sent three switches at no cost, however, they are not the same. It appears the blue light switches have an extra white wire for a ground. The new switches do not light up. Having the living/kitchen switches in the control panel which operate the lights is not always practical. Anyway another switch has failed. This one is on the way to the bathroom and will not shut off. I will see if the new switches will work. This is Positron's number 800 882-6404.
CawKlw is offline   Reply With Quote