Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Drcook,

The Montana users' forum and RV.net forums have no such problems. Neither does Carriage, Forest River, etc. Crossroads' forum suffers by comparison.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

I guess I am missing something here, this post started out with Drcook saying he could not seeTravel Trailerson the main web site page. That is fixed (although many of us could see the Travel Trailers all along). So now what is the problem with the forum? It has been working fine for me. Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Holsinger
Drcook,

The Montana users' forum and RV.net forums have no such problems. Neither does Carriage, Forest River, etc. Crossroads' forum suffers by comparison.
I guess that's the forums to be on then.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

I got signed up without any difficulty. Now I just need CR to finish building my TT.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:46 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

People that use posts to attack others are called Keyboard Commandos. Rather than offer worthwhile contributions to the thread, they simply jump in to show how superior they think they are. Key word is think. The other term is Troll.

Is this a confrontational statement. You bet it is. Lately I have been removing myself from different forums as they start degrading into the free for alls instead of a place to acquire or share information.

On a couple of the diesel related forums, the trolls were kids. You could tell they were kids by their terminology.

As far as a list offorums not been penetrated by a bot, I can list some that have been. Some forums have very active administrators that clean up the bogus posts before they are widely seen. The point is that either the authors of forum software have to try to stay one step ahead of the authors of the bots or the forum gets hacked. It is hard for a bot to answer specific questions as to why they should be a member of the forum or provide some other answer that is topic specific that an administrator will be able to tell whether or not the entity requesting access is real. The "Captcha's (spelling)" that we now have to try and decipher and enter the the code are a result of trying to defeat the bots crawling the web. Eventually a programmer will deduce how to screen scrape that off and decipher them then a new method will have to be worked out. When I was programming, I wrote stuff to screen scrape data. Of course it was legitimate business issues that we were dealing with on inhouse systems. I wrote stuff to make it look like a person was entering time information then screen scraped off data to send to another non-compatible computer system.

Do I find not being able to immediately post to a forum a hindrance. Yes I do. Have I lost interest or never had an approval, yes I have because the people weren't administering their forum anymore and it was on autopilot. On one of the forums I frequent, the person monitoring the forum quit the company that the forum was dedicated to.

And yes this post started out as me wondering if anyone knew whether the bumper pull line was dropped or whether the website was having issues. When the subject of a thread gets changed, the term for it is "hijacking the thread".

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:06 AM   #26
Full Time Camper

Again, what does any of that long drawn out post have to do with this forum? I have been in the IT business for 25 years and I got bored reading it. I know the person that administers this forum personally and I can tell you he has a full time job not including this forum and from what I have seen over the last 6+ years of being a member he has done a great job with it. I have yet to see a "free for all" that got out of hand that he had to step in and close or lock a thread. If you want to see that kind of thing go spend some time on rv.net. That use to be a good forum back several years ago but has now turned into a pissing match with all the mine is better than yours and the several know-it-all's on there. I don't know about the rest of the members on here but I think this is a pretty good place to hang out and learn things and make new friends compared to other forums I have seen. Like I said before,I still don't know what you think the problem is with the forum. Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Drcook, the purpose of this forum is to be able to interact with other crossroads owners. If you have a problem with your CrossRoads RV and would like to chat about that problem with other Crossroads owners ask away. There are some very knowledgable (sp?) folks that have been around the RV industry and Crossroads for many yearsand are very helpful. If you feel you can help someone with their question about a CrossRoads RV by all means contribute away. But I really do not feel this is the right forum for you if you simply want to "attack" the CrossRoads web page group and toot your own horn of your superior abilities in the field of websites and forums. Maybe you should seek the "Al Gore" forum.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Well said Scott and Keith.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

I agree with Keith & Scott. Stick to the facts, complain on some other forum.
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

I wouldn’t normally address these type issues but a single statement brings a sharp reply.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

I totally agree with hunter11 and the others that have so gracefully commented. Not being a big fan of “politically correctness�, my comments follow.

Strike #1 It appears that you come to these forums “pissed off� with a chip on your shoulder in addition to being “spring loaded to the prime and cocked position�.

Strike #2 – You start off by attacking Crossroads business model and then attack those that offer assistance. Aka – don’t bite the hand that feeds. If you don’t have a MBA and at least 10+ years experience in the RV field, you’re simply not qualified.

Strike #3 – You are highly critical of Crossroads in front of the folks that were assisted by CR Customer service in many ways, on untold number of occasions.Three strikes and your out in any phase of life. Maybe you should consider moving on and seek a solution on some other more venomous forum.
greyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #31
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
If you got yours last fall, what do you care if there is any more being made anyway.....

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #32
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Press release:

<h1>CrossRoads Redesigns Cruiser Towable Line</h1>

Topeka, Ind.-based CrossRoads RV has redefined its Cruiser product line

by adding the Sahara fifth-wheel and redesigning its Cruiser

fifth-wheels and travel trailers with many new innovative features.

Full article:

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/07/cr...RV+Business%29

https://www.tgifrv.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/gal.../rigsigpic.jpg

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

Marketing almost certainly has something to do with this. The press release indicates Crossroads is trying to rebrand some items. It is quite possible that Crossroads marketing has convinced Crossroads management that the Cruiser name should be reserved for 5th wheels, and that what had been Cruiser travel trailers will reappear undera new brand name which some staff can boost into promotions and payraises.

Kvetching about this inevitable process, while it may be normal, is about as productive as complaints about the sun rising in the east. It would be more entertaining for a "name the new travel trailer brand" contest with sarcastic sounding entries such as Zenith (after the fictiious town of Zenith, fictitious midwestern state of Winnemac in the novel "Babbit" by Sinclair Lewis). Or "Smallville" after the fictious town in the Superman Junior television series (and the earlier comic book series).
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #34
Family Vacation Member

We walked thoughthe new TT living room model and I sure am glad it was totall to fit in our garage. It was really NICE. The salesman said they have a hole new line of TT coming out this fall. Only two floorplans right now.

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote