Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
New Camper

Would love to hear any feedback on this model. There is a local 2008 at CW we are going to look at this weekend but certainly considering new as well. What kind of changes were made from the 2008 model. Front cap looks much nicer now than on 2008? Can you fit a 32" or bigger flat screen in the entertainment center?

Does the '08 cap allow for tight turns for a short bed. Looks like the new caps give you more clearance.

Finally, our DD is 8 and DS is 4 now. The bunk room, while nice at their current age, might get a little small as they age so I really want feedback on this room. Where do people store their kids clothes since no wardrobe in the bunk room? Does the lower bunk lift up with struts for storage? thanks for any and all feedback.
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
New Camper

Yes the bottom bunk lifts up. There is a large cabinet over the top bunk in our 07.

2008 CF32BL

2007 GMC Sierra K2500
newportbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
New Camper

Minor correction ours is an 08 but one of the early ones.

2008 CF32BL

2007 GMC Sierra K2500
newportbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
New Camper

We have a 2007 CF32BL, my wife really liked the bunk room. Yes the botton bunk does have storage under it. Cabinet over the bunks for storage. Small corner shelf. Bunks are a little short. We have built up using pillows, etc to make the bottom one longer. Makes a good storage area if you don't need the bunks. You will get some strange looks and questions about the narrow slide. Can't tell you about the TV size. We will hate to loose the bunk room but our next Cruiser will have slides on both sides in the living area. You will love the CF32BL. Looking forward to getting out soon.
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

We heavily considered the 32BL, but soon realized that kids would outgrow the bunks pretty rapidly. Both DW and I are pretty tall and our girls are also tall for their age now. We really liked the rear living, but our time line for keeping the Cruiser 7-8 years, put the girls at out growing the bunks.

Also, not as much ext. storage as in other bunk units.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil
Would love to hear any feedback on this model. There is a local 2008 at CW we are going to look at this weekend but certainly considering new as well. What kind of changes were made from the 2008 model. Front cap looks much nicer now than on 2008? Can you fit a 32" or bigger flat screen in the entertainment center?

Does the '08 cap allow for tight turns for a short bed. Looks like the new caps give you more clearance.

Finally, our DD is 8 and DS is 4 now. The bunk room, while nice at their current age, might get a little small as they age so I really want feedback on this room. Where do people store their kids clothes since no wardrobe in the bunk room? Does the lower bunk lift up with struts for storage? thanks for any and all feedback.
I think having some good bed caps for that vehicle would be good. But provided that you need things to be changed, then there must be something to be differ in this one. I'm not sure about it but be observant on all things.
Edited by: armandjones82
armandjones82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Our '08 doesn't have the new front end and I have a short bedwith a slide hitch so the clipped fronts really doesn't mean much.Now that they offer it cool. I have once hit the cab when makinga really tight parking lot turn, didn't break the back window but did dent the cab. The friend I was with also made the turn with his travel trailer and bent his friction sway control. The turn was just to tight.

I never thought about hitting when driving forward, I do now. Edited by: salda01

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have a 2009 32BL and have 3 boys ages 10, 8 and 4. Our 10 yr old sleeps on the top bunk very comfortably and the 8yr old sleeps on the bottom bunk. The 4yr old sleeps on the sofa sometimes and on the dinnette sometimes. We love the layout. It's nice having a room for the kids and a rear lounge as well.
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

We have a 2008 32BL, our second Cruiser product. We wanted the features of the BL, mostly the chairs, but also bunks for our grandkids, ages 8 and 5. I figure by the time they don't want to go anymore because of other interests the bunk size won't be a factor. It wouldn't be hard to lengthen with a little imagination and some sliding supports.

When they aren't with us, then it becomes a storage closet.

Very happy with it like our first one. Never had to go back for any warranty work.

And I paid less than for what theyare retailing used now.
finder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

We have that model and year. have enjoyed it very much, our Grandaughter who just turned three spent her first night in the bunk room several weeks ago was a real winner. One thing we like was the door between the living space and the bunk room. Thus when she is in bed we can continue our life out in the living room. T would think that you could put a 32 in the space we have a 19 in there and it looks too small. Have towed mine with a short bed with no problems, tho if I had it to do over I would invest in the slider hitch

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

We have a 07 and don't have any trouble with the bunk room. I am 6'3and have slept on the bottom bunk several times when our 3 yr old took my spot in the other bed. The previous owner made an extension for the bottom bunk that folds underneath when the slide is in.There are very few rv's that offer a bunkhouse with a lounge and recliners.My biggest complaint is the room in the lounge, the two recliners barely fit andandthe booth dinette is alot smaller than most. We have to take the back cushions off to sit comfortably at the dinette. My wife is a packrat and takes enough stuff for a month for a weekend trip and we have plenty of storage.Another plus for this model for us is we normally have another couple that goes with us and whether the sleep on the sofa bed or in the bunks their stuff is out of the way in the bunkhouse.
We currently have a 26" tv in ours but I purchased a 32" at Christmas that I am going to try. The entertainment cabinet IIRC is 30.5" wide. The 32"tv I bought is 30.8" wide. That was the smallest one I could find. I am not happy with the dvd setup either, I wish it had the jensern model like the new ones do.

As far as the front cap goes the newer one's do look better but IMO with a shortbed truck a slider hitch should be used anyway. My uncle and father both smashed their back windows out when backing into campsites that were not level. These were both caps "designed" for shortbed trucks.
gmctodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

We have a 08 CF32BL. We removed the top bunk and ran a rod across to hang clothes. we have no kids living at home but do take friends with us camping and it becomes their change room. It is perfect for that. The opening for a tv is exactly 26 inches. The Vizio 26 inch flat screen just fits but could not find another tv to fit except one 24" orsmaller. We love our 32BL and no issues with it at all.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote