Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
New Camper

Cruiser aire 28rl

Can anyone tell me how to replace the sweep seals on my cruiser aire 5th wheel, and what style of sweep seal it I use.
I can’t seem to find a specific seal she has on her.

Also there seems to be a smaller inner sweep seal that has torn off, how important is that
Caperrocker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
New Camper

I have a 2018 Cruiser Aire 28rl. We have had an ongoing issue with the seals tearing. Fortunately we were under warranty. After multiple replacements, our service writer worked with manufacturer and determined that the slide was too large for the hole in the side of the unit. the walls were too close to the side and would pinch the seals. They removed the slide and cut it down and then reinstalled. I have had no more tearing since then (on that slide). It is amazing what difference one half inch made.

I have not tried to replace any myself, yet, but have watched several You-tubes on it. On mine, seems the most difficult will be removing all of the sealant to get to the screws.
sysmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysmap View Post
I have a 2018 Cruiser Aire 28rl. We have had an ongoing issue with the seals tearing. Fortunately we were under warranty. After multiple replacements, our service writer worked with manufacturer and determined that the slide was too large for the hole in the side of the unit. the walls were too close to the side and would pinch the seals. They removed the slide and cut it down and then reinstalled. I have had no more tearing since then (on that slide). It is amazing what difference one half inch made.

I have not tried to replace any myself, yet, but have watched several You-tubes on it. On mine, seems the most difficult will be removing all of the sealant to get to the screws.
I assume that the dealer did the repair? It is great to hear a positive outcome to a problem and that there are still some competent customer focused dealers out there instead of the one that forget about you as soon as they make the sale. Great to hear.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote