Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
New Camper

I looked at a 2011 Cruiser CTX this weekend and noticed that they use a omnidirectional TV antenna instead of a Wineguard batwing. The old tried and true batwing is hard to beat and I was just wondering if anyone could share their real world experiences with the omni that is on the CTX? Thanks!

hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Just bought a 30SKP with the new antenna. Will know how it works on Thursday when I pick up my unit. I sure hope it works because I like the convenience of forgettting about raising and lowering an antenna.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Tried out the new TV omni antenna. Seems to work OK. I think they amplify the heck out of the antenna signal with new electronics and it works.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for taking the time to report back. It is good to know.

hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Does anyone know why they switched? I am in discussion with Crossroads about my antenna bending while traveling in the down position. It appears the wind got under it and bent the front wing backward. Has anyone seen this problem before?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
JWN
Weekend Camper

Have 2011 30ES with new Jensen antenna and Jensen FM, AM, CD, & DVD player. Works fine with TV & FM, but terrible with AM. AM is noisy, especially on shore power. Can't hear 50,000 watt radio station 25 miles from my home. Have been in contact with CR, dealer, & Jensen Radio. Getting conflicting info on problem. Some say antenna wasn't designed for AM, even though it is advertised as AM, FM, TV antenna. Some are blaming converter for not filtering AC. Others are saying it may be grounding issue, coax problem, or install problem. Whatever the problem is, so far Crossroads doesn't have solution.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

JWN Richfield, WI
Old 08-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWN
Have 2011 30ES with new Jensen antenna and Jensen FM, AM, CD, & DVD player. Works fine with TV & FM, but terrible with AM. AM is noisy, especially on shore power. Can't hear 50,000 watt radio station 25 miles from my home. Have been in contact with CR, dealer, & Jensen Radio. Getting conflicting info on problem. Some say antenna wasn't designed for AM, even though it is advertised as AM, FM, TV antenna. Some are blaming converter for not filtering AC. Others are saying it may be grounding issue, coax problem, or install problem. Whatever the problem is, so far Crossroads doesn't have solution.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

JWN Richfield, WI
I have a 2010 Cruiser with the Jensen AWM970. It is the worst player I have seen. My trailer has a standard AM radio antenna much like the old AM antenna that was on the cars back in the 50 and 60's. Not only can I not receive AM stations but there is a lot of noise. More noise when the propane refrigerator is running. All this when not connected to shore power but running on battery. When on shore power can not receive any AMstations even ones just 15 miles from me due to the noise. The DVD on the 970 player is standard definition. I use a Sony Blue Ray player for my DVD's.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

That's the right idea. My dealer said get a BluRay player for your DVD's and get one with built-in WiFi. Then you can download Netfix, Blockbuster, etc. If you get a player with a hard drive you might even get a movie download while eating lunch at McDonalds and watch it later. Posters are right the Jensen AM reception is terrible. Fortunately I seldom want to listen to AM anymore.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

We just picked up our CF26RKX that has the jensen antenna and awm970. The radio has been removed and returned to the dealer because the dvd/cd player failed during it's initial test. The service mgr said the jensens are poor quality and have a high failure rate. The antenna does not pick up tv stations like the winegard on our fuzion. Both are parked next to each other. The funny thing is, is the jensen only gets spanish stations.

I am probably going to deal with the radio until the warranty expires, then get an upgrade. probably bring a dvr thats loaded and a dvd player.
ntrsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
If you think the Jensen is junk (never had a issue with ours but I never used AM) you should have seen the "Pummel Drive" they used for about a month. My early 2008 built 2009 model had a Pummel Drive which was crap.

I would see if they will give you credit for the Jensen, go to a Best Buy or car electronics store and install a double DIN car specific system.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Make certain that the antenna is turned on

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn
Make certain that the antenna is turned on

Works for me every time. Spent countless time troubleshooting them remembered the switch.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote