Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Cruiser Roof

Just a question, is just a rubber roof that are on all Crossroad Rv,s. As it is warrantied for 12 years. As I am wondering which sealant to use on the roof. Is it Dicor 501LSW-1 Lap Sealant. As I am going to be checking my own roof and trailer for caulking to be done instead of paying some RV Shop $5000.

Rick M
2010 Cruiser CTX
26RKX
1997 2500 Silverado
6.5 Detroit Diesel
53,000 Miles
Crossroad Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I own a 2013 Crossroads Rushmore. Both front and back caps attach too the roof. The screws were either rusted out or over tighten when installed. I went with stainless steel screws and a little longer.0716171125.jpg0716171029.jpg
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:39 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroad Rick View Post
Just a question, is just a rubber roof that are on all Crossroad Rv,s. As it is warrantied for 12 years. As I am wondering which sealant to use on the roof. Is it Dicor 501LSW-1 Lap Sealant. As I am going to be checking my own roof and trailer for caulking to be done instead of paying some RV Shop $5000.

Rick M
2010 Cruiser CTX
26RKX
1997 2500 Silverado
6.5 Detroit Diesel
53,000 Miles

You use Dicor lap sealant on the sides of your trailer. Dicor self leveling on the roof.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:41 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Oh No NO I am just using Dicor on the roof not the walls. On the wall areas I will be using Pro Flex White flexible sealant. Thanks
Bc, Canada
Old 07-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Oh No NO I am just using Dicor on the roof not the walls. On the wall areas I will be using Pro Flex White flexible sealant. Thanks

Just make sure you use a self levelingon the roof. It will spread out and flow. Lap sealant will not. Lap sealant is made for running a bead on the side walls.
What brand you use is up to you. Just make sure you don't use silicone.

I was telling you what I use on my rig.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I suspect if you try to get any warranty on the roof they will have a reason why it doesn't apply. The dealers and mfr. often lie to you. Don't count on ANY support from either.
grtblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have a 2013 Crossroads slingshot. Every, and I mean every, screw in the roof, side and front mouldings is heavily corroded resulting in water getting into the roof, sides, and front. Many had no caulking present, some only the heads came out leaving rusted bodies embedded in the wood. Had to drill new holes and I too used stainless steel. Crossroads is CRAP and there may soon be a class action lawsuit over their poor and negligent manufacturing. If you want to join the class action, send a note to Grtbluyonder@gmail.com
grtblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Whoa Whoa I don,t know where this is going but all I asked in my original post is what type of sealant to use on the roof. I have No problem with rusty or broken screws. And as for Crossroads being crap well maybe it was just a bad year 2013 as an earlier post had problem with his 2013 also. And as for the lawsuit sorry I will not be joining you. Thanks for the input hopefully everything goes alright for you. You could just sell your trailer and have it over with.

Rick M
2010 26 Cruiser CTX RKX
Bc, Canada
Old 08-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Whoa Whoa I don,t know where this is going but all I asked in my original post is what type of sealant to use on the roof. I have No problem with rusty or broken screws. And as for Crossroads being crap well maybe it was just a bad year 2013 as an earlier post had problem with his 2013 also. And as for the lawsuit sorry I will not be joining you. Thanks for the input hopefully everything goes alright for you. You could just sell your trailer and have it over with.

Rick M
2010 26 Cruiser CTX RKX

Well said Rick.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #10
Site Team

Grtblu.

I try not to get involved to much on build issues but your camper is 7 years old and if there is little to no caulking thats not a crossroads or any other other manufactures problem thats a lack of maintenance by the owner. In the 7 years you have owned it the caulking should have been checked at least 7 times .As a owner you have to do that as part of your yearly maintenance.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Yes dagst1 I could not agree more. I just had to sell my trailer as a handyman special, not a Crossroad, but it did have the same wall structure and wall system. Yes and it was my own fault as to not looking after the caulking. And once the water was in the wall it was to late. It is the most important thing on an RV. The Cruiser that I now own was owned by an elderly couple and is in showroom condition. So yes the first thing I am doing is redoing all the caulking. Yes it is very time consuming but it is well worth it. So if you have rusty screws and some screw heads breaking off that has to be a caulking problem. I now know to check my trailer twice a year now. Maybe more all it is is a simple climb on the roof or use a ladder to check the sides out.
Happy Crossroad Owner
Rick M
2010 Cruiser 26 RKX
Bc, Canada
Old 08-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #12
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtblu View Post
I have a 2013 Crossroads slingshot. Every, and I mean every, screw in the roof, side and front mouldings is heavily corroded resulting in water getting into the roof, sides, and front. Many had no caulking present, some only the heads came out leaving rusted bodies embedded in the wood. Had to drill new holes and I too used stainless steel. Crossroads is CRAP and there may soon be a class action lawsuit over their poor and negligent manufacturing. If you want to join the class action, send a note to Grtbluyonder@gmail.com
Good luck with your lawsuit!
I'm sure the lawyers wiil appreciate the income.
Don't spend your $10 share of the settlement all in one place.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote