Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Manufacturers rate differently and weights are all over the map on dry and hitch weights. Has anyone actually had this model on the scale to see what it really is. I guess it will be different from published with battery and propane on the front, but I'm trying to narrow it down to see if it's going to make my "short list".

Thanks
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The best way with out going to the scales is to get the shipping weight off of the Invoice, the dealer can give you this number, than add the pounds for water gas and food when you get to the food total add an extra 50 percent. counting jacks lynex leavelers lights stove and griddle I carry around two hundred pounds in the basement, clothes are another varible on weight Hoover is a clothes horse so I have to add the weight of four Bandanas on top of our stuff, oh yes puppy toys add about 10 pounds in our unit when you have this added up add about 10 percent for those item that have been for gotten
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Both suggestions are good ones, however, I'm going to be trying to see if that trailer will work with the CCC on my truck, so I don't have either to refer to.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to timscruiser
Hi Bob I'm wondering the same thing on the CT29RLX as I just bought one this week aned will pick it up on the 28 th . Of curse I know the dry weight of 7041 lb means verry little and the oneWe traded came it around 6100 so I guess the extra 3 Ft. cost me but I the F 150 tith tow pack will tale 11000 so I guess it will be ok .
timscruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Hi Tim, Bob,I recently had my CT29RLX weighed at the CAT scale, the total weight was 8280 and the hitch weight was 1060. It was loaded to travel with everything but water. I've had no problems towing with my'09 F150 with tow package.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

According to the website, your model breaks down as follows:
<table ="product_info" width="300" align="center"><t><tr><td ="title">Dry Weight:</td>

<td>7041</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td ="title">GVWR:</td>

<td>11016</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td ="title">Carrying Capacity:</td>

<td>3975</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td ="title">Hitch Weight:</td>

<td>856</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td ="title">Axle Weight:</td>

<td>6185</td></tr></t></table>
You will definitely need weight distribution and I would ask for the 1000# bars. Given the GVWR on this trailer is a near match for your F150, you might want to make a few test runs to get used to the extra weight on how it will affect the handling of the truck.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I don't have a TT anymore but , if you can add the Blue Ox system to your setup for hitch up, you won't have to worry about any sway problems. We pulled a 33ft Holiday Rambler all the way to Alaska and back 14,000 miles we are glad we had it. Its quiet and no hitch hookup noise. Just a thought. JIMAR
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Hi Guys We just made a short test trip with our Ct29RLX and had to take ot back to the dealer for a few repairs But the good thind was I found I needed to load the hitch up one hole . I will pick it up in the morning and see how it tows now .ll let you know

Tim

THE CONROYS MINI MOTEL ]]

&lt;br /
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

We have a ct29 and can't beleive they call it the "1/2 ton series". There is more to towing than pulling,think highway(not freeway) turns at 60-70 MPH, also stopping. I'll take the stiffer 3/4 ton tires and bigger brakes. Also some trailers move the wheels farther back but have the tanks centered ontop of the axles still keeping the tongue weight at 10-15% of total weight.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Hi steve I just brought mine { ct29 } home from the dealer and the trip home was something else with winds about 25 to 30 cross winds ! We live about 145 mil. down in Ar. in the hills but I have no promlems with that but I had to reset the height on the recever as it was 1 in to high and with the wind that made for some real fun . I tow with a F 150 super cab king ranch with the tow pack &amp; big v8 so it now does verry good .TIM

&lt;br /
Old 01-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Tim, no dought what you got will work. I was amazed at how nice our old trailer towed when we stepped up to the 3/4 ton. If you get to have a problem of sway try a heaveier truck tire because you can get alot of side wall flex.

I'll have to wait another 3 full months just to SEE or trailer again as it's stored 'till spring.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Good thought Steve and I'll try that when We need new rubber but for now it only has 28000 so it will have to do for now . Tim

&lt;br /