Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Defrosting the fridge.

We have a Dometic and I defrosted it yesterday for the first time. About halfway through, I decided to go outside and check the drain. There was no drain! No drain pipe. No hole in the floor. The water was draining under the fridge! Instead of pulling the fridge, from now on I'm going to run a hose from the hole in the drain tray to a bucket inside. This is the first real construction problem (yes, minor) I've found after 4 months of living in it. Anyone else discovered this problem?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Mine has the hose that go's outside. I wonder if yours is just missing?
It might have deteriorated, or got busted and jerked out?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

My last 5er had a Dometic & the drain hose looked like the corrugated plastic wire loom sticking out of the fridge vent cover & kept deteriorating til it was too short to stick through, I added a piece of plastic hose to it.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

The water drains out from somewhere above the control panel where I can't see it or reach it. I can''t see any hole in the floor where the drain pipe should go; especially where the Dometic diagram shows it should be. Yes, my last 5er had the corrugated plastic sticking out the vent cover also.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk