Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a 2007 CT31RL and this unit has 2 doors. The trim around the window on both doors, has a color of dirty cream and everything else on the unit is white. It looks like the trim came off of a 1960 model trailer. My question is: can this be painted to match the rest of the unit and not peel off in time or do I need to purchase new trim??? This was a new unit when I purchased it, and this trim just looks like (You Know What). I enjoy reading all the info on this forum and have received much help from all of you. Thanks Robbie
Robbie Ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I had the exact same problem, not only with the door trim, but also the kitchen vent cover. I removed the window trim (the window glass will come out and you will need to reseal it and the window trim once you are done and have the window reinstalled). I used RustOleum plastic paint (gloss white) from Home Depot and painted it per the directions. It has been over 6 months and the trim looks as good as new! I also painted my exterior shower door to make it look like new...

Good luck.
Lewis

2005 Cruiser 28BH
lmakepeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Ditto to what Lewis said. I painted those items on both my '07 unit and my '10 unit. I didn't remove the window trim, just masked it off with newspsper and blue painters tape. Still looks nice and white after a year. Don't understand why they can't put some uv retardent or different material to keep this from happening. Almost every brand you see has this problem.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote