Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
New Camper

I Have a 2007 CF30SK...

Hit a big bump last year and my TV broke the upper shelf...

Fixed it and then took TV down while travelling...

Want to install an LCD..26" will fit...

Has anyone put an LCD on a wall bracket...?

It would make sense to mount it closer to the front of the cabinate...

Any suggestions...?
ONTHEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I haven't done it yet but I am toying with the idea of a frame or door with top mounted hinges to cover the opening . I could then mount an LCD to it and open from the bottom to get at wiring and storage behind the TV.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

There's nothing, I feel, in the outer walls to mount an EXPENSIVE much less heavy flat-screen to. I mounted a sanus bracket through the cabinet to the right of the opening in my Cruiser. My 31GR has the entertainment center slide with cabinets on each side and below. I put a 2x12 screwed to the rear (outer wall) stud and put screws through the front stile of the cabinet in the opening to the right of the TV opening. I then bungee the tv to the rear wall when traveling. The bracket allows the tv to swing out and can angle toward the dinette or kitchen area or flat against the cab for viewing from the chairs or a little angle back toward the couch. The bracket weighs probably half of what the 32" Sharp Aquos does...which is still quite a bit. If you are more interested and not clear (anyone) by my explanation I could attempt to upload some pics....but if you noticed I haven't put the pic of my rig on this new site yet!

Tom
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I can't figure out how to post pics, either, but on my 2007 CF30SKI mounted a door on the front of the entertainment center (as well as doors on the other places that needed them, such as the openings at the front under the clock, cubby under the sink, shelves to the left of the sink, water heater compartment, and water pump compartment). I re-inforced it, put a 3/4" oak strip under it for support, and a stainless piano hinge on the right side. Then I added shelves inside, two strong catches to holdthe doorshut, and mounted the flat screen, 20" TV on the door. Works great. Now we can see it from the dining table, and even from the kitchen sink.
cliffw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

we have the 2008 cf30ck. Ours came with the wall bracket already installed. We bought a 26" Vizio which fit perfectly in the opening. I put cup hooks on top and bottom of opening and used bungees wrapped in pipe insulation. Holds nice and tight. We just drove from Wisconsin to Utah and worked great.
te54650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
New Camper

ClassicHammond:
Im purchasing a 31GR...was wondering if you could try and post some pics....I also would like to modify the e-center like this. Question: what year is your unit? Im buying a new leftover 2007 and I was wondering if they increased the size of the tv opening in the e-center in the newer units. Thanks in advance.

Edited by: PaCruiser
PaCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

PA

Mine is an 07 also. I put in a 32" Sharp. You could put a larger one in but it would create a hassel opening the cupboard doors. The 32" is adequate....I'm use to sitting 12 feet from my 55" at homeand the 32" is no problem. I mounted the bracket at a 90 degree angle to the front of the cabinet bolting the bracket to a 2x12 in the cab to the right. I pinned the front running screws through the cab stile then using oak plugs to cover the screws. The rear of the 2x12 I "toenailed" into a stud (I think). I then bungee the TV to the 2x12, fits in the opening. I can pull it out and swivel it toward the dinette.

Any other questions----ask away----I LOVE my Cruiser. First trip out will be during Easter Break, 1000 miles each way, gotta see the new Grandson, been missin him since Christmas---he'll be 10 months old in April.

Pa....where you located ? We have a H*** of a time at the factory ralley in August.

Tom
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote

« WFCO Converter | TV »