Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I'm having a issue with my livingroom slide .My dealer did what he could but the decals are now about 2 inches out of alignment and looks like crap.Has anyone had any dealings with the factory doing a repair for them?I know its by appointment only and its 9 hour away, but its either them or Camping world or factory.I plan to talk to Randy next week.I'm thinking if he says that CW can handle it I may take the closer route as CW is 45 miles away.But I was wondering how a factory repair worked as to when you would be there and leaving the FW there and the normal time to complete the work.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We had repairs done on our 07 cruiser at the factory. They did a great job. They even have hookups at the repair facility and start early in the morning. We had our repair completed in one day. Randy and hispeople are good to work with.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I know the factory is 9 hours away but it is worth the time. If you can, make a "trip" out of it. You can tour the factory as long as they are not in summer shut-down, there is plenty to see as it is right in the heart of Amish country. The guys at the factory repair center are great folks. Several people on this forum, myself included, have had them do warranty work and I do not think you will find a dissatisfied person among us.
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Mine will return for a rear wall replacement and step box replacement from Lippert. I can attest that on my prior stop (for minor first year stuff) that the drive was worth it. They have a pad to stay at with full hookups. In the AM, around 5:30, they take your camper and they have it unil mid-afternoon. My wife, kids and I went and did a few RV tours and shopping. When we came back camper was fixed.

They have told me the same for the rear wall, same day turn times. I would let factory handle issues and steer clear of places that call untrained people technicians, LOL.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

the last place I would go is camping world, I had them do an electric awning for me and never again...go to the factory, I had them replace some decals for me, did a great job, done right the first time, which in th RV world is almost impossible, and it was done in no time, I am 4 hrs from the plant, my unit has never had warranty work done other than the factory....make a trip out of it, but it will be done right.....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote