Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We just bought our first camper and jumped right into a fifth wheel. We bought a 2006 Cruiser CF30QB. Only problem is there is not a lot of information in the documents that came with it. I used a motorhome a few times in the past, but I sure could use a lesson or two with this one. If anyone has the same model and want to chime in on any tips it sure would be appreciated.

One quick question. In the cabinet that houses the lights/slideout/furnace switches by the door. There is a larger house style light switch. It doesn't seem to do anything. Any idea what that is for.

Sorry to the newbie here, but we had to start sometime. Thanks again to all.
trevordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

That switch might be for the awning receptacle that is located above the entry door. It lets you turn patio lights hung on the awning off and on from inside.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Welcome to the Cruiser family. In the three or four weeks I've been

following the forum they are a bunch of great people ready to help.
I probably won't be a lot of help on your Cruiser since we got our 2010 30SK only two weeks ago but we have camped for years with a Dutchman fiver so will be happy to share any experiences with you as questions come up.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Hello fellow 06 CF30QB owner!

Yes, the switch controls the 110v receptacle up near your awning.

A couple of mods in the bunk room help the kids get to the top bunk. (now they're big enough they don't need them) Added shower safety handles for them to grab and a step.

Also split the rear wardrobe and added shelves.

Ask anything you want. We love our 30QB!

https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

BDLuke great information &amp; nice interior.</span>

aja72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

The documentation that we received was one general information booklet from Crossroads, and most of the installation and owner's manuals for all the separate manufacturer's involved with the different elements (frig, heater, axles, etc). If you don't have those, you can note the model numbers and search for manuals on the net. After I assembled all the manuals, I organized a binder for quick reference.

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thank you all for so far for your help. Bdluke that is a great idea for the bunks. Our childrenare 7,3,and 2 so will come in very handy. I guess it's a lot of trial and error in figuring out how some things work. The previous owner winterized the RV, now I need to de-winterize. Any tips you can give me to prep the camperto get it ready.

We can't seem to get any reception from the antena, we are planning our first trip in a week or two so we will see how it works with the hook up. I was thinking about the portable satellite dishto use with our direct tv. Not that we want the kids watching too much tv, but the little ones love there shows. Any thoughts?

Thank you all again for all your help. This forum is so great.
trevordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I won't be much help with the winterization stuff. Being from FL the most I do is drain the tank, water heater and lines. Check the Winterization section of the forum,folks have posted some good stuff there.

Not having TV reception could be a couple of things.

Is your set digital? If not, you'll need a converter.

Is the antennae amplifier turned on? The switch is in the the DVD player shelf. A little black buttonfound on the cover plate that has the 12v receptacle and antennae/cablecoax connection. Green LED signals it's on.

The satellite will only work through the coax connection labeled "satellite". If you haven't located the exterior feed, it's above the rear storage hatch in a exterior outlet cover. You may have also noticed that there is only one satellite feed in the interior. Bunk room and master bedroom only has cable/antennae. Who has three TVs in a camper anyway??

We found that a good selection of their favorite DVDs works just fine. Jiffy Pop and a movie....all is well.

One note about the rear bunk room.Things can get pretty rocking and rolling in the master bedroom if they are jumping around back there. Vise-versa too. That's the main reason I installed the Stabilization Bar system. Plug-It-Right, JT Strong, etc. They're all pretty much the same, but it will certainly steady the camper and eliminate the movement.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

With little tykes......NO GLASS

As I am a ROF, I can be a little doppy, therefore the only glass we have are wine glasses.

[who wants to sip a vintage wine from plastic.

By trhe way, corell dinnerware does break.

When I de-winterize, I fill the fresh water tank 1/2 full, add 2 capfulls of clorox, turn the fresh water pump on and open all faucets, one at a time to push any antifreeze out of the lines. Then turn off the pump and open the low point drains to drain water from the lines.

You will have to open a cold and hot faucet to aid in draining the lines.

close the low point drains, drain the fresh water tank. this will get rid of the antifreeze and sanitize the system.

Fill the fresh water tank 1/2 full, drive around the block and drain it, as this will get rid of the clorox. Check that the water heater drain plug is installed and reset the water heater bypass valves.

[ some people install the pink anti freeze to push water from the lines, when winterizing and then drain it out, when storing it for the winter. Do not put antifreeze in hot water heater. Set the by pass valves and remove the drain plug from the hot water heater, when winterizing, before installing antifreeze.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Another note on the tv.From experience,we stopped at a campground with cable so we hooked it up.The next day when we set up down the road I forgot that I had changed the input mode on the tv itself from air to cable spent several hours trying to figure out what was wrong with it.Felt kind of silly when I realized what is was

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

If you have the means to take your satellite along I would suggest doing it. I wired up a second connection in the bedroom and have 2 receivers so I don't have to watch sponge bob with the kids. Plus, as much as it is a baby sitter, that's OK when you and the misses want to spend some quiet time around the fire at night. Just keep in mind when picking out a campsite that you have to have a clear view in the right direction in order to get a signal. There have been a few campouts I wished I would have brought a chainsaw.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Scott, What do you use to put up your dish ? I use a piece of rebar that I have a 2lb hammer I drive it into the ground and use a torpedo level to make certain it's straight up and down, Next I slide a 2in round piece of PVC over it ( rebar ) and in the dish I have mounted a pvc cap. Then I just point it the way every one else does.

Sorry to hijack the thread
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote