Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Been quite awhile since I have been on the forum - spending the last four years enjoying our 2003 CF27RL. All that is over for now. The rains and flooding in TN hit the lot where we store our trailer. The inside of the was flooded to a depth just below the back windows.

It reached into the upper level to a depth of about four inches. We are currently waiting for the insurance claim to be processed.

I have been looking on the internet for another Cruiser since we had such good luck with this one. Perhaps if we had our old Casita it would have just bobbed in the flood waters ?

Can anyone who has a 29RE give me some pluses and minuses to the unit ? We would miss having the large window in the back for sure. We really were happy with the 27RL layout, but they seem to be hard to come by.

Thanks !

07 CF29RE

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_grVdWhdI6YA/TA...800/sigpic.jpg
tneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We have a 29RE and love it ! It has what I would call a big back window. Is it the biggist No, Not even close I'm sure, but big enough for us. If I had it to do all over again I don't think I would do it any different.

Let me know if there is any thing else I can help you with.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Wow! My heart goes out to you. I am sure it feels devastating right now but at least you have insurance. The little lime green bear laying on the floor made me think of my kids. I am sure you have had some great times camping in it with yours! At least the flooding can't take those and I am sure you will find another unit to enjoy.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I was hoping to to hear about any of our members getting caught in the floods in TN. Last year we stayed at Two Rivers RV park just outside of Nashville but down the street from Opry. In a web posting I saw the KOA in the same general area with lots of flooded RV's. We hope to return through that area next year.

I hope it does not take the insurance company to process your claim and you can get that new camper for the summer

Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

We have a 29RE, plusses for us is the mid-kitchen, fridgestraight in from the door, everything accesible when the slides are in, no curb side slide for more room under the awning.

Minus would have to be it is no longer available from CrossRoads. We have looked at the new 31RE but the drawback for us is the curb side slideout. We like havingthe space outside the door under the awning for cooking andsitting outside even when the weather's not so nice.

Sorry to hear about your rig, hope the insurance comes thru quickly so you can be back out in the CG as soon as possible.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Sorry for your loss. Hope all works out for the best.

We also have a 29RE and would do it again for the same reasons that gtoguy and shoetravel have noted.

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Hi and welcome back. Sorry for your camper loss. The layout inside looks a lot like your Zinger zf27rl.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Sorry for the damage to your RV. We live just west of Nashville and our subdivision go hit really hard. We didn't get damage to our house or RV, but it got too close for comfort. I hope insurance comes through for you.
TitansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

We didn't want the curb slid either for the same reasons as mentioned above. A lot of people have them though.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Going to have to go to the bank for some more change to get another trailer, but the insurance company seems to be ready to settle up on the 03. I think we are getting a fair shake.

We are sticking with Crossroads for a replacement. Now we need to just decide which one meets our needs and wallets best ! There seem to be some good deals to be had at well under $20K - as long as you dont go close to a stealers lot. It seems that quite a few trailers were built with the upgraded A/C, HWH, and refer, so we will be upgrading in that area as well.

Back to browsing Craigslist !

07 CF29RE

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_grVdWhdI6YA/TA...800/sigpic.jpg
tneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the insurance settlement

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote