Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

There has been much discussion about service after the sale when buying from an Internet dealer such as RV Wholesalers. If you have seen my posts you know we bought a CF31QB from RVW in August, 2009.

Three minor warranty issues have needed attention. I took my Cruiser into a local Crossroads dealer this morning. This dealer appeared as though they could could not care less about where I purchased my Cruiser and, as a matter of fact, never asked where it was purchased. They gladly said that warranty service would be performed...PERIOD. Funny, this was a place we went to when shopping andwhere I was told that buying from an Internet dealer would be a nightmare.

This Crossroads sealer said they have to submit the repairs to Crossroads for warranty approval before they fix the items on the list. I believe this is SOP for any CR dealer.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We had an issue with our remote control AC unit in the living area when we bought our trailer. I called and spoke to Randy and he had me call the Camping World about 30 miles from our house since they are an authorized Dometic repair facility. I took it in and they worked with Randy and repaired the problem under warranty. We bought our unit out of State but still had the warranty work done locally.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I just posted regarding this issue in thisthread. Most dealers will provide service to RVs ... any RV. Some won't. Others will take care of those units purchased from them first ... always. Others not.

There may be other reasons for not using an internet dealer.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I wouldn't let the fear of buying from an internet dealer and getting service stop you from going either way. It is beneficial to have a relationship with some place you trust if your not a DIY kinda person. In fact, I would not return to a wholesaler to have work done, I would call for them to direct ship parts to me (which I know RVW will do).

When I was shopping for this trailer I got the price from a few different sources. In the end I felt it was in my best interest to have the dealer who I had a relationship sell me my trailer. I am a big believer in economic karma and appreciate keeping local businesses in business. Now, if the price difference had been HUGE it might have tipped my hand to go with a wholesaler.

Most manufacturer's realize people travel with their units and a local dealer may be thousands of miles when the poop hits the fan. Crossroads, Jayco and some other's will allow the repair's at a service center so long as you seek prior permission.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote